8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Kodak's "Evolution of Sound"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodak's "Evolution of Sound"
Ryan Reuterskiold
Junior

- posted November 22, 2006 10:18 AM      Profile for Ryan Reuterskiold   Email Ryan Reuterskiold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While it is widely known that the Sound Kodascope Special was Kodak's first "sound on film" projector, I've always been curious as to what came between it and the 1950's Pageant family of sound projectors. I once owned an Kodascope FS-10-N which obviosuly fell somewhere in between, but I'm guessing there may have been an earlier model or two in between that and the Special.

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2006 05:21 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
I think RCA was the first with a 16mm sound on film projector. All this happened during the depression and sales were slow. Kodak's first was the Kodascope Special and the second was the FS-N-10. If you study the schematics for both machines, you'll see that the sound circuits are very close in design. The FS series design stayed with Kodak up to the end when they had Elmo build their last projectors. By that I mean the two sprocket design (which is very close to the RCA two sprocket design.

John

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC