8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Odd Eiki

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Odd Eiki
Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2007 04:04 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Odd Eiki

http://cgi.ebay.de/EIKI-Filmprojekror-als-Teilespender_W0QQitemZ170169001679QQihZ007QQcategoryZ28891QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2007 09:28 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I remember when I did platter projection, it looks like this one may been fed by a 'cake stand'. The angles of the rollers suggests the turns a kind of platter-feed might need to get in/out of the machine without trouble.

The only other thing I could possibly imagine would be some sort of endless-loop application for continuous screening at, say, a museum, but I will go with a platter as my first choice.
Anyone else?

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2007 06:46 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, this is an endless loop projector on the NT chassis. It was one made by Eiki rather than a modification by one of several other companies.

There were several projectors like this from the 1940's on which were usually rear screen units for either store display, salesman use or as you cited in a museum.

I think the endless loop unit was also available as an accessory to run on a normal projector so you could also go back to reel to reel projection. The footage length of the loop was something around 600 feet or less.

John

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2007 11:03 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

Thanks for clarifying; I know some of the endless loops were used by abstract artists in museum shows including live visuals, so that makes perfect sense.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Louis Li
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2007 04:39 AM      Profile for Louis Li   Email Louis Li   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000204#000000

heres a link to one of these artiste
from a exhibition

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 16, 2007 04:46 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice link Louis.

Very interesting little adaptation.

-Mike

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC