8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Fumeo 16mm projector on Ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fumeo 16mm projector on Ebay
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 27, 2008 08:56 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"sigh"!!!!
If only I had the room..........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fumeo-X900-16mm-Projector-Sepmag-Super16-Complete-Kit_W0QQitemZ280204367300QQihZ018QQcategoryZ11722QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

-Mike

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 29, 2008 11:21 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Never seen one of those before.

Wow.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2008 05:10 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have run Fumeos before but have never seen the double head version. All the pedestal double head 16mm projectors I have seen were Bauers.

David

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2009 07:17 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like another one of these. ( Or the same one.) The seller also has an as new DP75 35mm and 70mm machine!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fumeo-X900-Professional-16mm-and-Super-16-Projector_W0QQitemZ150328943500QQihZ005QQcategoryZ11722QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2009 07:27 AM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone on the Forum have experience with these Fumeos -maintenance, problems, spare parts, etc?

Cheers
Lars

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2009 07:33 AM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do service on all brands for film projectors.
So Fumeo 8mm and 16mm projectors are among them.
We bought all Fumeo spares for 8mm and 16mm projectors available in Germany some years ago.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 16, 2009 08:38 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Josef,
Can you send me a PM? I want to know if you have a certain part.
Thanks,

Gordon McLeod
Junior

- posted March 20, 2009 03:44 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Fumeo still in business
we used many of the 1000 and 1600 watt horizontal machines with good results
the claw needed frewuent replacement

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2009 03:51 AM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info, Gordon, thatīs exactly the kind of problem one would like to know about before buying one of these! [Smile]

Oh, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM! [Big Grin]

Cheers
Lars

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2009 01:49 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Fumeo HL2000 16mm pedestral, which is a wonderful projector, except for the soundboard that didn't work. I replaced it with a phono-preamp, a DI-box and a seperate power source for the exciter lamp and it works great, the only thing I still need is a zoomlens that will fit.
Sound seems to be a weak point with Fumeos, or at least with the ones that I have. The other one is a 9119 super8 projector, with terrible sound due to a worn the magnetic head. I managed to replace it with a maghead from an answering machine I had lying around, and now the sound is superb, in combination with a 200w bulb, and a machine built like a tank. I am rather fond of Fumeos.

Peter

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2009 02:44 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...from an answering machine... a neat trick.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2009 06:52 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 2 Fumeos (well, 3 actually but one is more for spares I think - 16mm 24v 250w). I've an 8mm 9139 Marc and a 9nn9 16mm Marc with long play arms (I say 9nn9 'cos I've locked the cinema up and can't remember the number!) The only problems I've had have been spring belts suddenly busting and the pots needing cleaning on the amp control panel. They seem to run for ever! Colin Ryder in Brighton is the UK maven (or guru). Good chap. Cheers, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2009 01:35 AM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info everyone, the Fumeos are beginning to sound increasingly attractive to me! [Smile]

Cheers
Lars

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2009 06:17 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And there's the big reel capacity of course, 700m, a complete feature, on the 8mm models. Plus hand threading and easy removing of the film if needed, and easy to clean the filmpath.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC