8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » I need help with my REVERE 48!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need help with my REVERE 48!
Joshua Vega
Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2008 06:27 PM      Profile for Joshua Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just received a Revere 48 16mm projector. I bought it on ebay a week ago for $50 (with shipping). I got it today. It has a whole list of problems:
The feed spindle turns wobbly, as if it were bent.
The whole projector is crooked (the stand is straight, but the projector on it is not)
The cord recepticle (on the projector) is messed up in some way, so that the cord only makes a connection when the plug is pulled to the side.
The film gate lever is broken

But the worst problem is in the film gate. For some reason, when I thread the projector and use it, the loops don't stay the same size. This is because the aperture shoe jumps up and down for some reason, and the sprockets that pull the film frame-by-frame stops working when the aperture shoe jumps (it doesn't pull the film one frame). The screen result is a jumpy image that is impossible to watch. I might have threaded it wrong (it has no instruction manual, like my revere 85 (8mm)) Does anyone know how to thread this projector. If it's broken, how do i fix it. Any help is appreciated! Thanks for the help.
-Joshua Vega

P.S. I can take pics and videos if it will help.

[ March 04, 2008, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Joshua Vega ]

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2008 03:02 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this certainly doesn't sound good. Did it get dropped or mishandled in shipping? I'd suggest you return it and watch for another one. None of the things you mention should happen and you'd need another machine for parts if you tried to fix this. It sounds as if this is a "parts machine". I have a few of the sound projector version of this machine and considering their original price was low, they were well made. The amps left alot to be desired, but the basic projector part of the mechanism was pretty good.

John

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2008 05:17 PM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds as if you have an intermittent unit problem.
At best it could just require new tension springs, but it sounds more problematical than this.
Could be a damaged gear with teeth missing, a drive shaft with a flat worn into it, or just a worn out machine.
Judging from your description it appears to have had a great deal of misuse.
Expensive to repair, and it probably would not be worth the time and money spent as the rest of the machine seems in a rather poor state.

As John says, the best thing is to return it, and try and get your money back.
Good luck.

Hugh.

--------------------
EIKI Ex 6100 xenon machine.

Jeff Chaney
Junior

- posted March 06, 2008 06:35 PM      Profile for Jeff Chaney   Email Jeff Chaney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have revere 45 and have the manual. I love it because it runs so smoothly, I would get your money back as suggested.
Cheers
Dino

Joshua Vega
Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2008 12:12 PM      Profile for Joshua Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the late reply. I don't think i can get my money back (i waited too long) [Frown] But I COULD sell it for parts on ebay.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC