8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » 16mm Film Reviews

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm Film Reviews
Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2008 05:53 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,could we start a list of 16mm film reviews like that of the 8mm section thanks Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 25, 2008 08:58 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good to me, although I only think it would be worthwhile with regard to 16mm released produced for sale, such as the new ones featured on the latest Derann newsletter. As someone who collects on 16 as well as 8, I'd be delighted if any convention organisers launched a 16mm new releases slot in their programmes.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 25, 2008 10:15 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Since there hasn't been a great demand for a 16mm film review section (I believe you may be the first) I would suggest that those wishing to share a critical evaluation of a particular title should post in the 16mm Forum. If a plethora of reviews start coming in, it may be time for a new section!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 26, 2008 05:10 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Adrian. There is not much new in 16mm. Those that are available are also possibly on Super 8 as well.

We would all love to talk about our 16mm prints but quite honestly there is no point unless fellow collectors can readily obtain copies.

--------------------
Maurice

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 26, 2008 05:17 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be interested in hearing some of your comments on the NEW Derann prints such as LONESOME GHOSTS etc.

What's the quality like?

-Mike

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2008 07:06 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,just a thought about the reviews,Maurice mentioned that copies being readily available to review but in the 8mm section a review was done on Close Encounters(feature)for example and i understand that not many were produced of those so the chances of owning a print is quite slim.I'm sure fellow collectors would be interested in an index just to find out what's out there and maybe aim to find a particular print or even just see what the thoughts of others are thanks Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 26, 2008 10:58 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone wishing to write a review should place "Review:" before the film's title. That way they'll be easy for me to locate and move if we do start a new section. Thanks!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2008 11:34 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I bought "The brave little tailor" and "Pieces of silver" new in 16mm from derann and the quality is really stunning; also sound is loud and crisp.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2008 05:38 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a scope copy of Lord Of The Rings; The Two Towers trailer fropm Derann recently. My copy was cheap as the sound was slightly out of sync. The quality, however, is stunning. Almost a 3D picture with such vivid colours. A lot of the prints we are used to purchasing/viewing, are twenty plus years old, where the possibilities achievable from film today weren't possible. See what you've been missing out on, try some new 16 mm film!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC