8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Apollo Projectors?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Apollo Projectors?
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2009 08:27 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who made these and are they reliable?

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 12, 2009 09:47 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I tried to post a link here and was not allowed to do so for some reason????

Whats going on?

The link was to a harmless photo of one of these projectors.

-Mike

Jeff Taylor
Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2009 01:46 PM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They were a re-badged Hokushin SC-210, which was a great machune.

--------------------
Jeff

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2009 01:45 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hokushins are great, especially the later SC210 models. A bit like the Elmo 16-CL, but without the melting rubber rollers, with line out and 42.5mm lenses. Here's one for sale on a Dutch auction site
Hokushin
I have two of these with 250W halogen and one with 300W Xenon, my favorite machines.
There are still a lot of these projectors around in Holland, they were serviced by Technofilm who had contracts with schools and the army, I believe. I would highly recommend one of these.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2009 12:52 PM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Peter,

I tried to mail you, but you blocked your mail.

Since you know these Hokushins well, I hope you can tell me the difference between 2 different SC-210 models.
At the moment there are 3 for sale on marktplaats.
But 1 has less buttons then the other 2.
Do you know the difference?
And are these Hokushins better then my Elmo 16-CL?

Thanks, Hans

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2009 02:05 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Hans, I sent you a mail off-list.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

George Patoulidis
Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2009 03:39 PM      Profile for George Patoulidis   Email George Patoulidis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hans, you can contact me too about Hokuchin projectors. I have one too (not for sale [Cool] ). Don't remember the exact model right now but if I can help, I will be glad.

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2009 04:41 PM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks George, but as you know I have to decrease my collection.
So if a Hokushin isn't a real upgrade compared to my Elmo 16-CL Deluxe and Elmo 16-CL Xenon, it would be unwise to buy one.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC