8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » bolex EBM and handgrip battery

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bolex EBM and handgrip battery
Louis Li
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2009 01:48 AM      Profile for Louis Li   Email Louis Li   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im looking for the battery in the handgrip that fits the ESM motor.

-varta deac 10x1000 DKZ eveready 10/BH1
is this available in hardware shops?and would they come with some kind of charger.

and regarding the ESM. could someone explain how do i work with the sync mode on the motor? is there an additional accessory for this to function.

i got the motor and the grip with the camera but have been winding it. thats been ok but im hoping to use the motor for 25fps.

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2009 08:51 AM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
As I recall, this is a stack of 10 cells (1.2 volt x 10 = 12 volts) so you need to find ten of those cells and I don't think they've been made for many years. No they would not come with a charger. You will probably find that you would be better off running a lead out to a connector and getting a 12 volt gel cel which there are charges available for (the kind of battery they use in computer UPS power back-ups).

As for the sync "mode", if this is the same as on the Perfectone motor, it's an output of about 60hz (maybe 50hz where you are) that is recorded on the second channel of a two channel tape machine and then is used to "resolve" the tape drive in playback to get the tape machine to run at a synch speed. So you need a two channel tape machine and the resolver to drive that machine (Nagra made such a device).

John

Louis Li
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2009 01:38 PM      Profile for Louis Li   Email Louis Li   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
john. thanks but i don't really understand what you're saying.
maybe you could show me what i should be looking for?

i found something on ebay. im not sure if ill be able to hook it up to my motor.
the ESM states 12V DC w/ a 2A 250V fuse

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOLEX-MOTOR-DRIVE-TOBIN-MOTOR-BATTERY-PACK-AND-CHARGER_W0QQitemZ280339723974QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280339723974&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_tr kparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2009 08:31 AM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an external belt battery that the cameraman wears and has a wire that runs to the camera. You wouldn't need your grip to use this, just a way to plug the battery into the motor.

What I'm saying is the battery you are looking for to go into the hand grip will probably only be found fresh and good at a Bolex dealer or from Bolex if they can still get the parts.

Otherwise you'll have to fashion your own 12 volt battery supply of proper amp-hours (how long it will run the camera based on the draw of the motor and magazine motor if you're using that).

John

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC