8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » B & H Light/Sound Changeover Unit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: B & H Light/Sound Changeover Unit
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2009 01:23 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How is this unit meant to work. I plug both my projectors into it...but the switch for projector 1 or projector 2 seems to let both projectors run at the same time.

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2009 12:49 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Simon

Normally, a cable links the changeover units built inside the machine to operate. One is open, the other is closed. To reset them, simply have the ac power turned on. Then press one of the buttons to activate the changeover. You should hear a CLICK noise as the assemblies are activated. If you're not sure, run the projectors at the same time with the light and film, and determin which one is open projecting light to the screen.

In theory the above should work. Assuming of course, all is up to par regarding your setup. You do not mention the projectors being used. And this advice is based on the 35mm changeovers installed above the shutter blades when I did the work as a projectionist. Now if you have something that works with any B&H combination of machines, the theory is still the same, but installation could be different.

As always, this advice at your own risk.

CG

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC