8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » A Place To Stand - my home screening

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Place To Stand - my home screening
Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 02:28 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry the other post was added before I finished

A while back I got a hold of a 16mm projector for cheap and was looking for test film to run through it.
Through Winbert's generosity I got a film which turned out to be an important piece of Ontario history. More info here

Naturally this would not be a good test film and I found the projector had a hairline fracture in the worm gear.
Well to make a long story short - worm gear was patched with magic sculpt (worked really well) and test film became available to make sure projector was up to snuff.

After much cleaning and testing I projected the film last night - brought back memories of seeing this as a kid in school.

The film itself still had vibrant colors and looked fantastic. Unfortunatly it did have some emulsion scratches in the last third of the film.

Anyway took a few shots with my digital camera - they do not do it justice.
Cheers
Terry

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 29, 2009 06:04 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way Cool!

They should make a film like this for New York.

They could call it

"Youse talkin' ta me?"

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 03, 2009 10:41 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry,

Nice to hear you can finally see that Ontario's film.

Show it as many as to Ontarian to bring back their memory. I want that film to be useful rather than with me.

cheers,

winbert

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC