8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » My new web site

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My new web site
Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2009 04:59 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings

Please check out my new web site

http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com
I ship over seas too

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted December 06, 2009 02:39 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice site Rich.

-Mike

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2009 03:02 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, yes...great site and thanks for the holiday card..Your bio/story on the site was great [Smile]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2009 05:46 AM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting - added to favourites - and now I'll have to learn to read!
Cheers, m'dear, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2009 06:53 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...nice one!
btw which film is the short clip with Chaplin cranking the projector from then [Wink]

--------------------
Yannis

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2009 02:38 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings members
Thank you for the kind words on my new web site
If any of you have a suggestion let me know
Your Welcome Dino!
And Yanis about the Chaplin cranking the projector
I have used this for years so ill have to do some research on this. I forgot the movie

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2009 10:25 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great New Site Richard!
--Tom

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 10:09 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The site looks fine. Only thing I'd do is add pictures of the projectors for sale.

And I'll add that the service is top notch. I have purchased parts and have had work done on projectors with great results. [Smile]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 06, 2010 10:29 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Great website Richard. Just one small point...it would be good if there was a "Home" button on each page.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2010 11:11 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
Thank you all again
Will be adding a home bottom to all pages
And will have some pics on the projectors
Thank you for your inputs.

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2010 11:19 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice! WOW! About the worm gear "what you should know"... Are you saying that you perform the service, but it could cost more than $250 or are you dissuading people from pursuing the option? Can't tell exactly what the overall message is. However, I, too, have added it to my "Favorites" and I think it's terrific. Nice job!

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2010 02:22 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Brad
Thank you for the comment
The answer to your question on worm gears .. .. Are you saying that you perform the service, but it could cost more than $250 or are you dissuading people from pursuing the option?
Both
Its a time consuming and price repair. Sometimes you may find another one (Projector) cheaper then the repair its self
I have 2 of the 300 marc on which ill be replacing next month
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2010 08:09 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rather have you replace the gear(s) on a machine I know and trust rather than take my chances on a clunker that first appears to be okay and comes with a cruddy gear that won't last long to begin with. I feel it would be $250 or so for a repair that would probably outlast this hobby (I only say this because there are no NEW 16mm film available to the private collector). The B&H machines I own now (2-2580s and a 2-2585s) are 20+ years old each and still are running with the original worm gears, but each gear has a slight crack in them or some other visible evidence of stress. I understand the new worm gears made today are designed so well they could last another 25 years if not longer.

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2010 08:20 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Brad
Its all up to the person who owns the projector. I just say I can do the job if you like. I have seen many cracked worm gears that last a couple of years or more. Then when one of the plastic pieces falls out the projector locks up. The white worm gears lasted for some time. They say the black ones are better.
My question is how long
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2010 05:03 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for intruding in the 16mm section, but it is not Chaplin in the film clip. It is Harold Lloyd, as Lonesome Luke ,cranking and Snub Pollard gesticulating.I have to do some research as for its original title.

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2010 10:19 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Panayotis

No wonder i could not find this in my Chaplin Collection
I have used this for years and forgot about Harold Lloyd
Thank you for your time. And rescued me . Now ill have to watch that film again
Thanks
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2010 06:03 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.......bloody hell Takh,
once again I need to bow to your expertise;and was just wondering, was that another Chaplin film I needed to add to my collection? [Wink]
.....now I guess you got this too-on Std 8 ? [Eek!]

--------------------
Yannis

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2010 07:04 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Yanis
No 8mm just on 16mm.
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC