8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Sankor 16D anamorphic lens "Flange" or "Collar"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankor 16D anamorphic lens "Flange" or "Collar"
Robert Lewis
Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 01:25 PM      Profile for Robert Lewis   Email Robert Lewis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have managed to acquire two Sankor 16D anamorphic lenses which are in what can only be described as superb condition. However, one thing is puzzling me.

One of the lenses has what I will describe as a "flange" or "collar" on the end which is mounted nearest to the projector lens. The attached picture shows the two lenses and, in particular, the "flange" to which I refer,

Everything about it suggests that the "flange" or "collar" might unscrew from the barrel of the lens leaving the two lenses identical. It shows no sign of being willing to be "unscrewed" however, and rather than use force with the risk of causing damage, I am wondering if anybody happens to be familiar with the lens and knows whether the "flange" or "collar" is, indeed, removable.

The barrel of the lens without the "flange" is threaded, and I suspect that the "flange" simply screws onto the barrel thread. Any advice would be gratefully received.

The lenses carry exactly the same markings, except for the individual lens numbers. Looking even more carefully at the two lenses, the "flange" or "collar" seems to be in precisely the position one would expect if it had simply been screwed on to the lens to which it is fitted using the thread on the lens. Certainly the lens which does not have the "flange" or "collar" has a thread which is right hand or clockwise. There are no holes in the periphery of the "flange" or "collar" in which some kind of tool might be inserted, and, as I say, I suspect that it is simply screwed onto the normal lens barrel thread. As stated earlier, I haven't tried any significant force such as a strap wrench might deliver simply because I wanted to obtain advice first.

Any advice received with thanks in anticipation. [img] [IMG]http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?dir=uploads0503&file=Sankor16D.jpg [/img][/IMG]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC