8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Help me select a 16mm camera!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help me select a 16mm camera!
Colin Pritchett
Junior

- posted July 07, 2010 10:53 PM      Profile for Colin Pritchett   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Pritchett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, I am pretty new to the forum and originally joined for the 8mm section but have put my 8mm stuff up for sale here in the forum and on another forum, maybe eBay if I have to.

I want to get into a larger format, 8mm is just too small for my taste (projection and resolution wise). I understand 16mm film is more expensive but have to do it. I would love to go into 35mm but there is no possible way I could afford to buy the film so 16mm it is.

I would love to hear some suggestions for a first 16mm camera with sound. I think I want one with a crystal motor. From what I have read it is really hard to get the sound to sync without this type of motor. I may be out of my league here, basically why I need your help. I may not be able to afford a camera in this area so any help you guys/gals can provide would be very appreciated.

What I am looking for is suggested camera models and why you chose this camera (or would) and why you think it would be good for me. A link to info on the suggested camera and if possibly where I could buy one, also the approx. value of the camera.

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

--------------------
C. Pritchett

|  IP: Logged

Simon Wyss
Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2010 01:27 PM      Profile for Simon Wyss   Email Simon Wyss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My suggestion: a Bolex-Paillard H 16 with crystal pack (motor plus control box).

The simplest of them is the H 16 M(arine). It's got only one C mount and therefore is lightest. A Reflex is most versatile. The EL offers you a rugged bayonet and that balancing LED exposure control in the viewfinder, and crystal speeds.

I could offer you an H 16 S(tandard) which has three-lens turret, no reflex viewfinder, all the mechanical features of the H models, 400-ft. mag attachment, big base, 170 degrees simple shutter. Well maintained. I have Kern Switar 25-1.4 with it, Kern Yvar 75-2.8, and Benoist-Berthiot 10-1.9 in perfect condition.

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2010 08:33 AM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I am selling a Beaulieu 16 with four lenses, one of them, the 1 inch f0,95 very expensive on ebay, and a lot of extras. It is a clockwork engine machine. As you know, always ready to work (no batteries, no charges, no power cords and no low temperatures problems). Ask me for photos. arri16bleq@yahoo.es

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC