8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Where get the optical soundtrack printing service?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where get the optical soundtrack printing service?
Nathan DeHahn
Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2011 06:39 PM      Profile for Nathan DeHahn   Email Nathan DeHahn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a silent 16mm camera, using a digital audio recorder and put them on CD and the picture and sound together on the 16mm film,I do like low-fi sound and dust pop noise. I am looking for a cheapest lab to sent to print a copy of my reversal reel and print optical soundtrack next to it. [Smile]

--------------------
Kodachrome Kid

|  IP: Logged

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2011 04:16 PM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Nathan. A print with optical sound is the final stage of a long road. I asked a lab how to get it, by the cheapest way. It is something unusual, because they work in a professional way. Even if they do that work for you, it will be expensive and the work poor. The best option for you is to send your print to strip with magnetical strip, so you can record your sound with a projector capable of mag recording (and variable speed). Another strange way, is to get a Bach Auricon camera with its amplifier working. You can film with live sound and you will get an optical print. I donīt know if you can make a mix with a sound source to have music. But you will have to consider that you canīt edit an optical sound print, because there is a decalage between the sound and the exact frame.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2011 08:58 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheapest way I can think of is get your film transferred to digital, then add your sound track to it, convert it to PAL format, and have Marco make you a film print.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Nathan DeHahn
Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2011 06:00 PM      Profile for Nathan DeHahn   Email Nathan DeHahn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys sorry about the delayed reply. I was busy on my work.

Oscar, magentic is rare on projector nowdays it will be expensive.I know magentic is better to edit.

Wayne, who is Macro and does he have a website? I have never heard of him or is it them. [Confused]

--------------------
Kodachrome Kid

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2011 06:48 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a long topic on Marco and his work. His email is at the end of the YouTube video or contact me privately for it.

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000500#000014

Figure 7 EUROS a minute with 5 minute minimum of work. If you can put it to digital in PAL format, Marco will print it.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC