8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » 16mm lens help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm lens help
Brannon Carty
Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2011 08:55 PM      Profile for Brannon Carty   Email Brannon Carty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,I just got a CinemaScope lens the other day,but I need a bit of help...the seller told me the thing would just screw in,I knew he was wrong...but oh well...I took pictures comparing my actual BIG lens to the CinemaScope lens.My main lens is Bell and Howell and my Scope is Bausch and Lomb.Tell me if I need an adapter or what can I do?

Bell and Howell lens is 76mm [3 ins] f/1.6

Bausch and Lomb is an 2x expansion,E.F. 2.00 inches,1302 VF

-

-

--------------------
The Young Film Nerd.

Model Owned: B&H Filmosound 550

"You're gonna need a bigger boat." - JAWS (1975)

Films Owned: Killer Fish

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2011 10:23 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is an all in one lens. Contact Omer to have him make you an adapter. Let him know what you have and he will fix you up.

owhayne342(AT)aol(DOT)com substitute the (AT) with @ and the (DOT) with . in the email.

You have a good lens, and Omer has made many adapters for what you need. I had one for a long time and sold it just a month or so ago.

The only scope lens I know of that screws directly into the B&H prime lenses, are junk so you are much better off with what you have. The B&H 921, as one person put it, is like looking through a Coke bottle. It never can get a sharp focus.

On anther note, how does that 3" lens work for you? Do you have such a long throw you need that big of a lens to keep the picture small? Could you use a 2.5" or 2" lens (or smaller) to increase the picture size?

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Brannon Carty
Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2011 02:01 AM      Profile for Brannon Carty   Email Brannon Carty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I myself have not been able to use the lens...the lamp went out so I have to replace it,but when I do,Ill be able to test out the image and lens,etc.Also thanks for recommending that guy!

--------------------
The Young Film Nerd.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2011 05:24 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem, Omer is the go-to guy for lens adapters of any kind.

What type of lamp do you need?

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Brannon Carty
Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2011 11:53 PM      Profile for Brannon Carty   Email Brannon Carty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a Sylvania Projector Lamp CWA 750W 120V.Thankfully I found one on eBay for $13.

--------------------
The Young Film Nerd.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC