8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Lamp for Bell & Howell Filmo Showmaster help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lamp for Bell & Howell Filmo Showmaster help
Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2012 11:20 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
I recently bought a 16mm B & H Filmo Showmaster and when I pluggd it in the lamp blew, so I read the instruction manual and it said to unscrew the cap at the bottom of the lamp house and it will fallout, but it didn't and it appears the lamp is too wide to actually fallout of that hole!

And it came with a spare lamp which looks different to the one that appears to be in there.
Can anyone help with what type goes in there etc and how do I remove the dead one for replacement?

Here is the projector
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?dir=uploads0503&file=IMG_0002smaller3.jpg

Cheers and Happy 2012 to all.
Clinton

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

|  IP: Logged

Peter James Diggle
Junior

- posted January 03, 2012 02:18 AM      Profile for Peter James Diggle   Email Peter James Diggle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I had a similar problem with a B&H. The bulb had swollen inside the lamphouse. I broke the lamp if I remember by removing the reflector or maybe the top of the lamphouse and then clearing out the pieces frofron the base. I broke it with along rod and a hammer with protective glasses. Good luck. Cheers

--------------------
PJDiggle

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2012 05:47 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I ended-up breaking it too just to remove it from the lamp housing, it must've swelled aswell!
Cheers

[ January 15, 2012, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Clinton Hunt ]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2012 07:01 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It takes a DAG 500W lamp. Check here for more info but Don is very expensive. Google and find other vendors.
http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b.pl/dag%7c120v%7c500w%7cp46l~ansi.html

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC