8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Film Surface Query

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Film Surface Query
Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2012 04:04 AM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have just received a 16mm film dated 1935, after carefully opening the tin I find that the film has traces of a wet substance on it,(I was warned) obviously not combustable yet (if at all)
It is very slightly wet but reluctant to put it through the machine as it is, is there any process that I can do at this very early stage to clean it sufficiant to do this, I only have to make one copy of the contents and then could be disposed of. can I soak in a detergent or something similar. Advice appreciated, thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2012 04:17 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you can try wiping it with a soft cloth to remove the substance. As for running through a projector wet...I run films "wet-gate" all the time through multiple machines with a variety of film solutions (mostly film guard)

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC