8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eiki camtank spring

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki camtank spring
Leanora Olmi
Junior

- posted June 28, 2012 11:53 AM      Profile for Leanora Olmi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying an Eiki NT1, the seller recommends a new spring for the camtank, and I was wondering is this an easy and inexpensive piece of servicing to do?

Thanks,
Leanora

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2012 03:28 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like a strange recommendation. On the NT and later there is a spring that pulls the shuttle arm up and holds it against the up and down cam. There is another flat spring that pushes the shuttle arm against the in-out cam.

I wouln't think this would be necessary unless it was tampered with or is broken or wrong part has been used.

To replace it you'll have to remove the cam tank from the projector and then remove the shutter and pulled for the drive belt. At that point you can remove the screws holding the back plate on the cam tank and open it for inspection. After you make the repair or assessment, you reverse and then when you re-install you have to verify the framing and claw protrusion.

So its a lot of work, also be care that you don't break the teeth on the end of the shuttle arm when you re-insert the Cam Tank or take it out.

If this is a problem, then I'd get the seller to have the work done before you take ownership of the machine.

This would not be a routine replacement..but while it was open it would be a good time to lubricate the cam and cam plate and check the cam follower for wear.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC