8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Calling all nords: Nordisk Filmsamlarträff 11 maj i Kloster

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calling all nords: Nordisk Filmsamlarträff 11 maj i Kloster
Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2013 07:57 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On may 11 in Kloster, Sweden, 10.00-18.00, there will be a film collectors meeting with bring and buy etc.
Probably mostly 16MM & 35MM film to be sold.
I will not be able to go since I am working that saturday.

The prices are really cheap, here are a few examples from the list of titles that will be avaliable (unless they are reserved by phone in advance).
16MM
Target - US 1985 117 min - Norwegian subtitles - 400 Skr = £40
Sophies Choice - US 1982 153 min - Norwegian subtitles - 200 Skr = £20
Rumble Fish - US 1983 94 min - 400Skr = £ 40

35MM
Gone in Sixty Seconds - US 2000 118 min - Norwegian subtitles
The Italian Job - US 2003 111 min - Norwegian subtitles
Driven - US 2001 117 min - Norwegian subtitles
These three have the same price: 500 Skr = £50

If you want to go there the GPS are: Kloster 304 Garpenberg
You can also use that to se where it is on Google Earth.

Hope some of you new collectors from Norway/Sweden will attend, it's a great opportunity to meet some of the oldtimers in collecting (some have collected up to 40-50 years and still do).

If you go there, talk to Ulf-Ronny Godarp, he has a large mailinglist and will send you information when the next assembly will be. Say hi to him from me. (if he first don't remember me, just say "Ahlm från Åmål" and then he hopefully will remember who I am)

And if any of you go, please write how it was here on the forum, perhaps even post some photos?

[ April 26, 2013, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Lars-Goran Ahlm ]

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

|  IP: Logged

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2013 09:23 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, those are quite nice prices. A real shame it's such short notice, I won't be able to attend [Frown]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 26, 2013 09:37 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'll try to attend there ... Would be lovely to see some 35mm prints and 16mm too

Thanks for the tip ... Any charge for attendance? Not too far from Stockholm?

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2013 02:21 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No fee for attendance, but if you want to sell you have to rent a table, don't know the price, sorry.

It's in Dalarna, so a bit away from Stockholm.
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kloster,_Hedemora_kommun

Hope you get there Vidar as, like I said, some oldtimers will be there, and probably some from Norway too. I beleive there is at least one person from the south of Norway who has attended all these metings since the early 1990's

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 26, 2013 03:10 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I on the right track here?

http://maps.google.no/maps?saddr=Stevneveien+7,+Sarpsborg&daddr=Kloster+304+Garpenberg&hl=no&ll=59.467408,15.908203&spn=4.198945,12.370605&sll=64.55875,17.70995&sspn=29.34607,98.96 4844&geocode=FSOHiAMds2moACmNJxaz_wNERjFgWa2Qb8lsMA%3BFYs5mQMdC7r2ACn9sIp3O1hnRjEFXEA0UPRTFg&mra=ls&t=m&z=7
Sorry, look like you have to copy and paste the whole link

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 28, 2013 03:46 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have an actual address? Or is Kloster so small you must see the fair?

Thanks

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2013 03:07 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been told it will be signs up during the day.
But there lives less then 50 people there so it's probably not to hard to find. It's actually an old cinema "Klosters Bio" so people should probably know if you ask.

--------------------

Manuel Pace
Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2013 10:53 AM      Profile for Manuel Pace   Author's Homepage   Email Manuel Pace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lars,
Please can you give me an e-mail address of Ulf Ronny Godarp, so that he might be able to send me his list of 16mm films.
Thanks
Manuel

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 08, 2013 11:04 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He doesn't own a computer I believe. I wanted a list too :-)

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2013 05:12 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's correct he does NOT own a computer, he's all old tech, surface mail all the way. And he does NOT send film by post. Absolutely not internationally and hardly even nationally. You must pick up at his home or at one of these meetings. Like this: I have just bought two films of him, he will bring those to this meeting and there give them to a third party who happens to pass where I live on his way home.

So if you don't live in Sweden/Norway/Denmark and can collect, dont bother to ask. Unless you can find someone willing to buy and pick up for you and then they send it internationally.

Sorry about this but he is somewhat of a caracter. The lists he sends out comes in old used envelopes, he thinks it's a waste to buy new ones. That should give you a hint of what kind of person he is.

--------------------

Manuel Pace
Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2013 08:44 AM      Profile for Manuel Pace   Author's Homepage   Email Manuel Pace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,Thanks for your reply and the graphic detailed explanation of the guy, all I can think off is try to find a Viking Ship and sail all the way!!
Few years ago I use to deal with someone from Norway I think not sure ?? he had a lot of titles some modern ones too, all with sub titles, any one knows this guy ? can't remember his name.
Manuel

Manuel Pace
Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2013 08:28 AM      Profile for Manuel Pace   Author's Homepage   Email Manuel Pace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lars,
By any chance I use to deal with a collector from Denmark and his name was Lars is it you ? I know it must be a common name.
I had a lot of films from this fellow all having sub titles and many of them in scope.
Manuel

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 11, 2013 01:15 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got home from there now. Not too many people, but I got 18 fairly decent priced 16mm features ... Paid about 300 or 350 dollars. Titles not checked yet, but includes Soldier Blue, Body Double, Virginia City, The Hunter, The Day of the Jackal, a few swedish and french titles.

Long drive (12 hours), but overall happy

No pictures, just got to busy packing in the 16mm's

Nice old cinema with 50 seats (I didn't stay for the swedish movie as I wanted to get home before dark)

Manuel Pace
Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2013 03:56 AM      Profile for Manuel Pace   Author's Homepage   Email Manuel Pace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lars,
That is nice to have acquired such titles enjoy !! I remembered the full name of the person I asked you about, his name is Lars Lund, do you know him ? he use to have a lot of 16mm films and I really like to make contact with him again.
Manuel

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2013 03:57 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manuel, I recognize the name but can't put a face to it. I have not been to one of these meetings since 1996 so I have forgotten most of those who where there, I only really knew a handfull of them in the first place. I have probably met him back then but have no knowledge about his current status or whereabouts.

Vidar, nice to se you had a good time. Lucky you I was not there or you would have had a fight over that Day of the Jackal print.
So, who did you meet? Did you get to meet some previously, to you, unknown Norwegian collectors? Did you talk to Godarp, and if so, did you sign up for his lists?
In short, I would like to hear more of who you met, what you bought and your impressions of the day. And most importantly, will you go back next year?

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 13, 2013 04:43 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I met Godarp and he asked for my name, address and so on. Most of the other swedish people were not that easy to get talking, but I met a norwegian from Lørenskog. Somewhere in my papers I have a note with his address and email. A bit disappointed in some of the prints, would have thought they didn't sell defective prints, but I got a Body Double with loads of problems. The reels were crushed (boxes looked fine) and the film had dents in two or three places (5-10 minutes of focus problems)

But very happy to get on Godarps list (bought a couple of old 16mm rewind arms too :-) for 50,- SEK)

Hopefully will get some 35mm prints from Godarp after he sends new lists.

Thanks for the tip :-)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC