8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » New EIKI Sound Problem?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New EIKI Sound Problem?
Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2013 10:57 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings everyone,
I have an EIKI RT-0 and the sound after running about 10 minutes starts to fade low and no sound. I replaced the exciter lamp with a new one hoping that would resolve this problem. But no luck! I noticed that when the sound starts to fade the green light for the exciter lamp
starts dimming and then goes off. The only way I can restore the sound is turn the volume knob off and turn it back on again.
The sound also sometimes goes from low to loud on it's own.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Roger?

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 21, 2013 03:56 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sell it to me?

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2013 04:42 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not try replacing the Amp fuse Roger?

dogtor frankarnstein [Smile]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2013 05:39 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took the amp out of my other EIKI and put it in this one and the sound problem went away. The one thing I really like about the EIKI machines that they are really easy to work on! I'm thinking it's a bad capacitor in that amp since they dry out with age.

Roger Out

[ May 24, 2013, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Roger Shunk ]

Manuel Pace
Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2013 05:18 AM      Profile for Manuel Pace   Author's Homepage   Email Manuel Pace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Roger,
Most probably the fault is due to age on the amplifier and mainly it was idle for many years, causing the capacitors to go dry.
Or it could be a dry joint on the print ! If the sound goes up and down on it's own, then it could be a dry joint or dirt, so check the connections and the terminal of the exciter lamp, clean the connections of the lamp socket.
It would be a good idea if you replace the electrolytic capacitors too.
Manuel

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2013 12:41 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Manuel,

Thanks for your input. The caps like you say could be bad?
I will check the other things you recommend. I don't have to run a film I just turn on the amp and then the exciter lamp light starts dimming and then goes out, and when I turn the volume knob off and on again it comes back on and then starts to fade again.

If your suggestions don't work I will use it for spare parts then.
Thanks,
Have A Magical Day!
Roger

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC