8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Elf RM-1 motor wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elf RM-1 motor wanted
Barry Webb
Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2013 01:50 PM      Profile for Barry Webb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi does anyone have a good motor for a elf RM-1 16mm projector mine wont start it starts after spinning it.
I have changed the capacitor and its still the same had this problem before with a elf so looks like a s/h motor would be the answer.
Barry.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 06, 2013 02:02 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Classic may be able to help. Phil Sheard's site says he has a lot of Elf spares.

--------------------
Maurice

Barry Webb
Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2013 04:31 PM      Profile for Barry Webb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice,
How do I get hold of him.
Barry.

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2013 11:17 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
Question
What voltage?
Also do you have a part number for this motor
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 07, 2013 02:12 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry

Here is Phil's web-site. Good luck.

http://www.classichomecinema.co.uk/

--------------------
Maurice

Barry Webb
Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2013 03:22 PM      Profile for Barry Webb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice,
I got a offer of a motor from Phil but I didn't want to spend to much on it his price was £45.
Is this a common problem with these machines as this is the second one I have had with the same problem.
Barry

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 12, 2013 03:03 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have quite a few Elf projectors but there has never been a problem with their motors.

I assume that Phil's stock is new, perhaps his price is not too much to get your projector running again.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 12, 2013 05:00 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have also three Elf projectors and never had any problem with the motors. The only thing I had once was a broken belt and it was easily replaced. I think that these machines are highly reliable.

--------------------
Dominique

Barry Webb
Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2013 05:52 AM      Profile for Barry Webb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also have had a lot of these machines in the past and never had any problems with the motors, But the last two I have got hold of have had the same problem the motor just makes a buzzing noise and you have to start it by hand and it never gets to full power and if it does start it always runs the same way.
I have changed the capacitor and this makes no difference to it,
The last one I had the problem with I changed the motor and she ran like a dream.
Any ideas welcome.
Barry.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC