8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eiki lamp problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki lamp problem
Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2013 09:27 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
unfortunately the lamp on Eiki SLO is not working anymore. I put a brand new bulb in and it did not light up. I am going to have to get a new light socket because I suspect the terminals have corrosion inside. the fuse looks good

were can i get the new frame or should I just buy

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/HLS-6/BI-PIN-LAMP-SOCKET-W/MOUNTING-FLANGE/1.html

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 06, 2013 09:43 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian
You can get a lamp holder from Richard C. Patchett.
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com

--------------------
Maurice

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2013 09:49 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
is there a cheaper option? I saw once someone listed a link to one it was only 6.00

http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampsocketqlv1.html

this should work on a 24 250 w

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2013 10:59 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that should work it lists the bulbs i use for mine.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2013 08:21 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the best way to attach the wires from the
QLV-1 Lamp Socket?

Would soldering work?

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2013 08:39 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that would be best but make sure you make a temporary connection to see if your lamp socket works if it does then go to town and solder it and before you solder them put some shrink tube on one end of the wires than when you're done slide the shrink tube over the soldered part and use a lighter to heat the shrink tube it will protect your work and looks professional also.

--------------------
jim schrader

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2013 03:33 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Picked some shrink tubes today at the depot. When the QV-1 arrives I'll get to work. To make them shrink could I use the heat from my soldering iron?

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2013 07:55 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they are designed to be used with a small flame a cigarette lighter will do fine or a grill lighter set on low will work the heat from the soldering gun is not enough.

--------------------
jim schrader

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC