8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » elmo AL-16 service manual needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: elmo AL-16 service manual needed
Jon Byler
Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2013 03:00 PM      Profile for Jon Byler   Email Jon Byler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for a service manual for an Elmo AL-16 mine doesn't do anything when you push the buttons to make the film run. I'm sure I could figure it out eventually by poking around in there, but it would be much easier if there were some specific instructions!

thanks,
jon

|  IP: Logged

Jon Byler
Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2013 12:05 AM      Profile for Jon Byler   Email Jon Byler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Turns out that the instruction manual was good enough. So long as the leader is not munged up and one reads the directions, the machine works like a champ. Been sitting in my closet for close to 5 years now, and in the end it wasn't broken, simply misunderstood.

Sound and picture quality were great. And somehow I've been lucky not to fall victim to the gooey rubber roller syndrome with either this machine nor my CL-16. Keeping my fingers crossed and buying some of that Caig roller cleaner/preservative just in case, though!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 23, 2013 08:50 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good news. Glad it's now working to your satisfaction, sometimes Instruction Manuals are a help.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC