8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » These Elmo 16-CL rollers any good?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: These Elmo 16-CL rollers any good?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 27, 2013 05:07 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elmo-Projector-16mm-16-CL-16-AL-4-Rubber-Roller-Tire-Set-Refurbishing-Service-/140673251314

Anyone know if they're okay? Or a place to get some decent ones?

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 27, 2013 06:20 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The seller has some excellent feedback, although they do not seem to actually refer to the Elmo rollers.

--------------------
Maurice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 27, 2013 10:46 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought mine from Larry Urbanski...I think you get what you pay for and a set of good rollers is a little over $100

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 27, 2013 10:48 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought mine from Larry Urbanski...I think you get what you pay for and a set of good rollers is a little over $100. It is worth getting the best...not these knock-offs.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2013 11:08 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had an Elmo CL with the usual deteriorating rubber rollers. I got over the problem by cutting the old rubber rollers off and replacing them with 'O' rings (as I remember about 5 or six on each roller) They have to be the right size and thickness so that they don't protrude over the lip of the roller otherwise the film will not follow the guide path and the right size so that they fit snugly on the roller. It worked perfectly and 'O' rings last forever. A much cheaper option and because my religion is orthodox tightass it suited me.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC