8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Bell & Howell TQ III - 1698

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell & Howell TQ III - 1698
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 18, 2013 10:48 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a problem that was solved for me over the phone by my engineer. As owners of this range of projectors know it has a motor for the drive and a separate (electric) fan.

When I switched on at the rear neither the fan nor the exciter lamp would work. I was told that both units operate from the same fuse. It is a 20mm 2 amp AT (slow blow).

On the top of the motor is an assembly with five identical fuses, two facing you long-ways, and behind them, three fuses parallel to each other and facing away from you. The fuse in question is the one on the left next to the vertical (blue) electrolytic capacitor.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2013 12:37 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As an owner of a 1698 that's a handy tip. Thanks Maurice.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC