8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » FILM BITES BACK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FILM BITES BACK
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 05:16 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok we all know just how good film can be but it is good news indeed that 16mm and Super 16 is going to be used again by the BBC. This move is largely due to the new generation of HD film scanners and a small number of campaigners trying to get networks to be diverse in image acquisition which is all good news for film. I’m also guessing that with so many company’s equipped with lower cost HD scanning the beeb may have noticed they are just a little behind everyone else so may just have a little bit of catching up to do.

The Super 8 film making scene has seen a good pickup also with professional film makers and artists along with revisiting amateurs once again enjoying that classic film look. My money is on a growth in film stock types and possibly new equipment if things keep moving in this direction which is good news for all. Typically for Kodak I believe they have timed it wrong again in the withdrawal of decent reversal stock and they do seem to have a history of making bad moves at the wrong time.

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 05:23 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good news indeed !

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC