8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What 16mm films did you see today? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  23  24  25 

Author Topic: What 16mm films did you see today?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 01, 2013 05:24 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I got a feeling, 16mm shouldn't be in the 8mm forum of what was seen last night, I thought I start a 16mm thread instead

My viewings today was Song of Norway, scope
This is with a green filter
 -

and with a cyan filter
 -

and El proscrito del río Colorado
 -

-

-

-

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2013 05:59 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
screened green for danger and witness to the prosection tonight

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2013 07:02 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of top films there David; Tyrone Power dies in the final scene, and it was his last completed film.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 02, 2013 07:16 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And thank you for ruining that movie [Mad] [Big Grin]

Only joking (a little)

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 04, 2013 01:35 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw my 16mm Splash today. Was nice seeing this after many years.
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2013 02:08 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
jigsaw starring jack warner and the great Rupert starring jimmy durantee the great Rupert is for sale and its a smashing print with all titles and end

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 06, 2013 01:41 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I am stretching it again, but where to post 35mm?

One of my favorite films after seeing this for the first time a month or two ago. Saw it again today and it's truly amazing

The Straight Story
 -

-

-

-

-

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 06, 2013 01:46 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant shots, Vidar. Great looking 35mm print.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 06, 2013 01:52 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie is turning into one of my top 5 films I believe. Just love the feel, photo, editing, music, acting ... It's all top notch. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2013 02:47 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,please remind me the original title of the George Montgomery western.Is it an american or italian one?

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 07, 2013 03:12 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
El proscrito del río Colorado
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059618/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

loads of names on this one
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059618/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt#akas

It's spanish actually, according to imdb at least

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 07, 2013 12:21 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sophie's Choice with more than a few splices
 -

-

-

-

This hair is looking to be part of my print. I cleaned, blew air, removed the film and cleaned again, nothing without film in. As soon as I loaded the film again, there it was :-/
 -

-

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2013 02:56 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
eddy duchin story

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2013 03:42 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You got some great films David, the scene where Tyrone Power plays the piano with the small boy is very impressive.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2013 04:24 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see ice and no limit George Formby

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2013 07:19 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw my fourth, and for the present, last, adaptation of a story by Alistair MacLean The Hostage Tower.
Probably the weakest of all films based on his works, but I have made up my mind to try and get as many of them as possible.
At least the copy is on AGFA so the colours are spot on.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2013 03:53 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
screening woman of straw tonight sean connery and hell is a city Stanley baker

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 14, 2013 04:48 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Hostage Tower looked awesome ... Great colors

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2013 01:03 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent photos of The Hostage Tower.

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2013 07:54 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my latest additions Gambit from 1966.
Michael Caine is a burglar who enlists the help of showgirl Shirley MacLaine in the plan to rob the "richest man in the world" Herbert Lom.
After first having seen the plan work flawlessly (in the burglars head) we then see it in real life, where everything goes wrong.
The copy is in scope and, I believe, Technicolor, as it has a clear edge and a grey soundtrack.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 16, 2013 08:36 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very nice print Lars...this is one of my favorite. I love how Michael Caine's vision of how perfectly the caper was going to play out turned out quite different from what actually happened. I've seen this film on Ebay a few times...but I'm looking for a flat print. Nice pics [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 17, 2013 06:14 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super color Lars ... I saw some swedish school films
Husforhøret (norwegian title), Utan hem (Homeless) and Verdens Barn Thailand (Children of the World Thailand)
 -

Bugs Bunny and Pierre Bear (with Woody)
 -

Laurel & Hardy in Hog Wild and Me and My Pal
 -

and a feature (originally in color, but mine is Black and White)
A High Wind in Jamaica
 -

Was cheap, so I can live with the quality ... 2-3 dollars each of the shorts and 13 for the feature

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 19, 2013 02:56 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a very faded The Guns of Navarone on 16mm today. Paid 10 pounds for it, at least I got 3 good reels (and two rusted ones) and 5 cardboard boxes :-)
 -

It's liveable with filters (left pictures) but very red without

-

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 21, 2013 03:05 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw Gregory's Girl today ... Enjoyed it
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 22, 2013 02:24 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Todays little gem on 16mm was Gremlins ... Love this movie to bits ... Saw it last week on Blu-Ray, but prefer this, even if the Blu-Ray was sharp :-)
 -

-

-
She is lovely :-)

-
Good old Dick Miller, always a pleasure to have in a movie

-

Sadly not mine, just a borrowed one

All times are Central
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  23  24  25 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC