8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What 16mm films did you see today? (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  23  24  25 

Author Topic: What 16mm films did you see today?
Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2017 05:08 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a new purchase of mine. Itīs a movie with which I grew up. First I have seen this action movie on vhs and now Iīm able to watch it on 16mm :-) (AGFA Filmstock).

Missing in Action - USA - 1984 - Director: Joseph Zito with Chuck Norris, M. Emmet Walsh, David Tress, James Hong, Leonore Kasdorf and Jean-Claude Van Damme (Stuntman)

A delegation from the US goverment should finalize, in Vietnam, the negotiations about GIs, which are still imprisoned. Captain James Braddock accompanies the delegation to Vietnam. Once he arrives, he sets off from the strictly guarded group to find evidence on his own, for still holding US soldiers imprisoned. He sneaks into the house of a high-ranking-officer and forced him to testify where the prisoners are. After he get this information, Braddock bought a huge amount of weapons and then he cleans up the jungle...

So enjoy the pictures :-).

...running to the extraction point...

-

...the LZ is hot...

-

...Braddock under fire and wounded...

-

-

-

...E.Emmet Walsh join the party...

-

...now the clean up begins...

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 26, 2017 05:07 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another great print there, great 80s action movie, [Wink]

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2017 06:00 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Holger Kiebler for owning Braindead on 16mm ... a classic kiwi-made film here in New Zealand!
It's amazing that someone in a different country (Germany) owns it and there's probably no-one here in New Zealand that owns a 16mm print ...amazing and also great [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2017 03:29 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had a break of serveral years in which I didnīt collect 16mm movies. Now Iīm back, getting addicted to this hobby again. And one of the first movies which I found to purchase was this Braindead. Yes, thatīs amazing:-). And really , no New Zealand collector does own a print of it ?

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 31, 2017 02:53 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just ordered up Blue Thunder with Roy Shieder, cant wait for this one. Its a film that my Mum took me to see in 1983 when it was having a special pre release showing at our Drake cinema on a Sunday morning. I cant remember how she acquired the tickets but i have never forgotten this film so its going to bring back some fond memories and i will surprise my Mum (86 years young) who will be coming to the film den for the first viewing.
As it happens, two weeks ago she actually asked me, & i quote,"i bet you dont have that picture film about that helicopter i took you to see when you were young, what was it called with Roy whats his name, that was such a good film and i havnt seen it since"? ~Well well, if Mr Guest didn't have this one so i had no choice but to buy it just for my Mummy.She does so much and has bought me films for just about every Christmas and Birthday since i bought my first Elmo, many many films in mine & my Brothers collections were presents from Mum. [Smile]

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2017 10:01 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tom, good choise - I wish I had that movie too. This is a movie which never get obsolete :-). Roy Scheider is a great actor...

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2017 01:01 PM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Missing in Action II is one of my favourite action movies, which I have seen as I was a teenager. I first saw this movie on vhs, but our vhs rental tape, here in germany was cut, so It took years, untill I could seen it uncut.
A short while ago, I was able to purchase it on 16mm.

I love this "Missing in Action series", in my opinion, this "Missing in Action" series are Chucks best filmworks, because these movies has a greater budget, so exotic jungle sets, hard action and adventure as well.
For the second part, they get Brian May for the soundtrack. He was in really good mood, so he did a gorgeous job, in some strong moments this May sound reminds strongly on Mad Max :-).

Oh by the way, this is an Agfa print.

In the Vietnam War, Colonel Braddock's helicopter is shot down over enemy land. The sadistic commander Yin holds the men for years in captivity.
He wants to force the Americans to confess alleged war crimes. In order to obtain this confession, he frees his sadistic nature and torture the men physically and psychologically.
When Yin burns a GI alive, Braddock flees into the jungle and starts a hard, uncompromising and long overdue campaign of vengeance.

Missing in Action II - The Beginning - USA 1984 - Director: Lance Hool with
Chuck Norris, Soon-Tek Oh, Steven Williams, Bennett Ohta - Music: Brain May

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2017 03:59 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I watched Braddock - Missing in Action III. A great action adventure movie, which was shoot on amazing locations.

Many years after the end of the Vietnam war, Colonel Braddock was told by an American missionary in Vietnam, that his death believed wife, was still alive and now has a son. Braddock immediately travels to Vietnam to bring his family to the States. But these action failed....

Braddock - Missing in Action III - USA 1988 - Director: Arron Norris with Chuck Norris, Aki Aleong, Miki Kim and Keith David

This is an AGFA print.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Thank you Chuck for this amazing movie !

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 07, 2017 05:59 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An épisode of The Projectors in which they use a cine projector. And an incredible found from the Roubaix film fair. A 16 mm film with a magnetic soundtrack. It appeared to be an "amateur" film. Someone could use his camera in a studio and shouted four French actors talking (like for an interview). The two first ones are the famous Jean Marais and Bourvil. I don't know the third actor but the last one is Jean Dessailly who was famous when the film was shot (in the 60's) for having played in a TV serie (Le chevalier de Maison Rouge). Probably the kind of film you find once in your life.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 09, 2017 12:42 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched Victor / Victoria... again. I had watched this print back in March when I first got it. This time I watched it with my younger son Darrin. He had never seen it before, but I knew he would like it. Darrin did musical theater for several years after high school. He loved it! Great print...good sound.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2017 06:23 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great looking print Janice! I love when Julie Andrews hits those really high notes!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 17, 2017 09:40 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, my very first excursion into 16mm!

I bought a Kodak Pageant from Gary Crawford at CineSea 16.

Hanging around down there as I have these past 8 years, I couldn't help but notice some really nice prints. Just like when I finally gave in and went into Super-8 sound 15 years ago, I figured I wanted in!

When I was 25, I bought a brand new Mustang GT and showed up at the dealership pretty inexperienced driving a stick shift. Much the same, I dove into manual threading and it came out OK!

The first film? "Three little Bruins in a Canoe", but this time with sound.

This little film seems haunt me!

How I Solved my Bear Problem

(For a film I at least pretend to hate it never seems very far away!)

Well, there's much to do! The hardware to connect this beast to my mixer doesn't even exist as far as I know, and that's OK, because even if it actually does I'm going to design it and build it! (That's what makes it a hobby)

I didn't even need to discuss it with my wife: keeping this tombstone on the dining room table is a little nervy even for me, so I will stow it between sessions, maybe give it a reserved spot down in the den!

-

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 17, 2017 11:27 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to 16mm Steve! [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 17, 2017 12:06 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Janice!

My son predicts 35mm within five years. (We'll see about that!)

--------------------

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2017 07:09 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome news Steve, congrats!

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2017 11:32 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My son predicts 35mm within five years.
I would also make the same wager. He called it first! Congrats on getting the Pageant, Steve. It's a great projector.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 18, 2017 05:58 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about that...I have this inner creed about trying to keep things simple, although being a film collector sometimes violates that even without 35mm!

Gary sold it to me with an extra 1.5" lens so I can put it with my Super-8 machines. You see, with the two inch lens the Pageant would have wound up exactly where my wife's recliner belongs! (Optics has no respect for marriage...)

I'll keep the 1.5" lens for normal operations, but I think for special occasions I may jump to the 2" lens, shove the recliner aside and use a projector table to reduce the machinery noise reaching the audience.

(Maybe I should find some 16mm prints my wife really likes!)

--------------------

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2017 07:41 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have started to treat all my 16mm prints with a filmcleaner.
This time I chose the animal horror movie Dogs - USA 1976 - Burt Brinckerhoff for the cleaning and then of course a projection occurred.

Itīs a disturbing animal horror in which domestic dogs turn into a lethal pack caused by a goverment experiment. This leads into the death of many small town inhabitants.

I like this movie - Itīs good old american film making of the 70s.

Sorry, this are all cellphone pictures.

-

-

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2017 03:34 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been having a quick look at my purchase from the Blackpool Bring & Buy, just projecting on a wall, hence the texturing. It was The Truth about Spring with John & Hayley Mills also Lionel Jeffrey. Great colour but bit of colour patch trouble (water marking?) on the first 10 minutes (not photographed).
 -
 -
 -
 -

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 30, 2017 07:28 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back from a week in SoCal for Thanksgiving. My neighbor picked me up from the bus station and also greeted me with a 16mm movie that was delivered while I was gone. ONCE UPON A CRIME directed by Eugene Levy... this 1992 film has lots of stars... . James Belushi, Cybill Sheperd, Richard Lewis, John Candy, and George Hamilton. It's a fun who-done-it murder mystery. Great looking print.

-

[ November 30, 2017, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 07, 2017 07:51 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched Sidney Poitier in Lillies of the Field (1963). I hadn't wached this in over a year. It's a nice print with just a few splices on the first reel and great black and white contrast. A-Amen.

-

[ December 07, 2017, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 08, 2017 04:03 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice your prints look great and you do have some great titles.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 22, 2017 12:15 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched Laurel and Hardy in March of the Wooden Soldiers (1934) and a edited version of A Christmas Carol (1938).

-

-

--------------------
Janice

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2017 12:48 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
I like this version of a Christmas Carol even though 1951 people consider it the best. I think Gene Lockhart is the best Bob Cratchit. Sad Lionel Barrymore had an accident and could not play scrooge.I saw it sell for 100 recently was curious what's missing from the edited version.

I have a nice Kodak original of the 1935 version that I watched.

Merry Christmas Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 22, 2017 04:16 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian...The edited version is much shorter in length...one 1600ft. reel running about 40mins. I haven't done a comparison with the full-length version...but for example: No snowball throwing scene (Bob Cratchet hit Scrooge with a snowball)...no scene inside the church or outside (sliding on the ice) and all visits from the angles have been trimmed.

My copy came with some sprocket damage which I have made an effort to repair. It runs fine through 90% of the film. I'm still working on getting the very last few frames to not jump. [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  23  24  25 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC