8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What 16mm films did you see today? (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  23  24  25 

Author Topic: What 16mm films did you see today?
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 27, 2017 01:01 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we watched my very nice print of Kramer vs. Kramer (1979). Although very heavy subject matter...this "best picture" Oscar award-winner is movie making at the highest level. The story...the writing...the acting...the directing...and the music top-notch.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 27, 2017 03:26 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That truely is a stunning print Janis. I remember seeing this in the pictures when it first came out out. Excellent.
We are looking forward to our latest additions soon to arrive. Dances with wolves, witness and a scope copy of waterloo. Cant wait.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 27, 2017 12:45 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Witness" is on my want list. Hope to find a copy one day in my price range. It's always exciting to receive some new prints.Post pics Tom when you get a chance.

--------------------
Janice

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 28, 2017 03:01 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will do Janice, definatly,
Today as i am off work i started to watch a few xmas pressys,
Started off with Hannie Caulder this afternoon, and tonight our Scope copy on Agfa stock, (all except the first 5 minutes which is Eastman with fade but we can put up with this as the rest is truly superb and in scope)
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 30, 2017 01:33 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And a few screenshots from Hannie Caulder,
An excellent colour print from CHC,
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 31, 2017 08:04 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Un soir de réveillon. An early French talky with famous actors : Arletty, Henri Garat...

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 01, 2018 03:27 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Witness. one of my favourite 80s movies and thanks to a forum member here, i now have my own full feature copy. I never thought that would happen,
The print is on Agfa stock so superb quality is guaranteed and the image is as pin sharp as sharp can be. The sound is, as always on 16mm optical, stunning with great clarity and bass.
I bought this at an excellent price and yes, there are some minor base line black lines but for most of the film they are hardly noticeable, i am very pleased with all my 16mm buys and am very happy that i changed my mind about getting shot of all my 16mm and sticking with 8. Super 8 is my main stay but no serious collector can ignore what is available on 16 and in both LPP and Agfa non fade stock. Simply superb and better value for money,
This film, IMHO, is one of Harrison Fords best movies, Believe me, as always, these images do not do this print any justice what so ever, the film is bright, vivid colours and crystal clear [Wink]
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ September 19, 2018, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2018 04:23 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent screenshots there Tom, you really seemed to have mastered the art of taking them. That is a superb print, and as you say, often the photos don't do the film justice, so that must be breathtaking.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 02, 2018 03:54 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Robert, i am very pleased with it. [Wink]

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2018 01:33 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight's screening is a real classic; Ursula Andress, Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee in 'She'. This would have been no 2 on my list of most desirable prints. Who would have thought back in 1965 when I saw it on the big screen that all these years later I would have a copy. I wouldn't have if it wasn't for the extreme generosity of friend and former forum member, Hugh Scott, who gave it to me when he obtained an IB Tech print.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 02, 2018 02:12 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now thats a title i dont know Rob but i will now take a look on line and see what its about. Good for you to have a copy of something you saw all those years ago [Wink]

[ January 02, 2018, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 02, 2018 04:45 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting pics Tom. You got a great print of Witness. Congrats! I hope to someday find a copy of this terrific movie myself...just have to keep looking.

--------------------
Janice

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 02, 2018 04:56 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Janice, hope one will come your way soon. it is one of my favourite movies from the 80s. [Wink]

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2018 06:32 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I projected my Agfa print of "Rituals" - 1977 - by Peter Carter.
One of my favorite movies which combines the slasher-horror genre with the survival thriller, I would call ´em also as a modern adventure.
You will find also a great cast, which do a fine acting.... Hal Holbrook, Lawrence Dane, Robin Gammell...
A very emotional film to me....
Enjoy the images.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2018 01:33 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't mastered the art of screenshots like Tom, Janice, and Holger. Tonights viewing was Kirk Douglas and Anthony Quinn in 'Ulysses' (1954). The print is on SP stock, which goes a golden brown, but still some decent colour left, though colour or no colour has never stopped me from enjoying any film.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 06, 2018 04:31 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nothing wrong with those screenshots Roberts, looks good to me, [Wink]

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2018 04:47 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tom; I find a mobile phone gets better results than a digital camera.

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2018 12:01 PM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, I like your pictures too !
These pictures which I have used, was shot with my cell phone.
And there was so many images, which I couldn´t use for this posts, because of a bad quality...very blurry...
You only see the suitable ones :-).

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2018 12:28 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Holger.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 09, 2018 11:55 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched this episode at long last, bought it a few weeks ago now but it wasn't the episode i should have ordered, a slip up on my behalf, but its a good un. As you can see, (although these images are nowhere near as good as what you see), the quality is top notch, Pin sharp, superb colours and excellent sound. Originally intended to be Dennis Waterman's last it ends with his character Terry, having a falling out and quiting as Minder to Arthur Daley and as you see in the last screenshot, this was due to be his departure from the series but he stayed for a further couple of years.
These programmes were noted for there guest stars and this episode is no exception with two excellent old British stars in some of there last roles,
Kenneth Cope, (Marty from Randell and Hopkirk) and Ronald Fraser, well known British actor, playing the role of Goddard.
In this episode,
Private investigator Caroline Selby seeks Arthur's help in locating eccentric recluse and inventor Albert Goddard, who has come into an inheritance. Seeking a rake-off, Arthur acts as go-between, installing Albert in a 'safe house' - rather against his will - and trying to palm off one of the inventions as his own. The finder's fee is, however, paltry compared to the sum involved. Chisholm, meanwhile, finds he has literally been 'stitched up' on a visit to his tailor.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2018 05:01 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a superb print Tom, with perfect colour. The screenshots are superb as well. It may not be the episode you originally wanted, but looks one worth having.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 10, 2018 03:08 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although i am not a huge fan of Mash, this episode came up for sale on an old Paul Foster list when i first came into 16mm way back.I was hoping for one of the early series as these were by far the best, however, this episode is one of the latest in the last series, originally bought in order to have something to show.
This one is episode number 250, Series 11, (the final series), originally aired on January 3rd 1983. I was intending to view this tonight with an intention of selling it but to my surprise after a clean up, this reel is in mint condition with no scratches to be seen anywhere and the colour has no fade so i am assuming this to be an Agfa print. This is the first time i have put this reel through a projector for around 8 years.
This episode,
"U.N., the Night and the Music"
Three U.N. delegates come to the 4077th and make a lasting impression on members of the camp, while B.J. treats a patient whose leg injury may require an amputation.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2018 04:20 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks a great print Tom; i'm not a fan, and think I only watched one complete episode; i'm only familiar with two of the cast, Alan Alda, and Harry Morgan, who had the distinction of not only being in 'The Glenn Miller Story', but with the real Glenn Miller in 'Orchestra Wives'.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 10, 2018 04:38 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it is a good print, i am in two minds as to whether or not to move it on in favour of something better.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2018 04:41 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think it would be a good seller, especially if you use those screenshots.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  23  24  25 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC