8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What 16mm films did you see today? (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  23  24  25 

Author Topic: What 16mm films did you see today?
Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2018 08:23 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one from whom I purchae this prints has had them for rental....These are no convertations from DVD or VHS. These prints does have a proper lap-head with the titel and other infos of this movie....
I agree with you Tom. 16mm prints has been produced till the beginning of the 21st century...
My youngest are from 1998 and 1999.
Itīs a shame that there will be no more movies on this system, because the quality of the output has been getting better and better. Poor film material, which turns red, was sorted out....

|  IP: Logged

Matt Darr
Junior

- posted February 28, 2018 12:51 PM      Profile for Matt Darr   Email Matt Darr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I wasnt accusing them of being fake, I'm genuinely surprised they made 16mm versions of these 'new' movies.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 02, 2018 02:52 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today i watched the first reel of my new film, (purchased a month ago and taken off me as its a present from my Mum),
Jagged Edge, a superb thriller starring Jeff Bridges and Glenn Close from 1985. This one is on LPP polyester stock,
Thank you again to Kevin for this opportunity,
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2018 03:52 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi tom if you like glen close I have a stunning colour print of reversals of fortune for sale

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 03, 2018 07:31 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the only other Glenn Close movie i wouldn't mind is Fatal Attraction. [Wink]

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 08:58 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Set up the CL's and watched Best Defence with Dudley Moore and Eddie Murphy,bit daft but fun all the same,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 04, 2018 12:18 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love all that daft humour Mark, great stuff, [Wink]

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2018 05:14 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another 80s classic with Richard Pryor in Brewsters Millions,really enjoy this one and a nice print,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2018 11:51 PM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hallo Tom...good looking print and amazing movie as well. I watched these movie just 2 weeks ago on TV.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 06, 2018 10:19 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just seen the posts about when the last library features printed on 16mm were. I did quite a bit of research on this and I'd be very happy to be proved wrong if there's evidence to the contrary, but the most recent titles I discovered were a few 2007 films in an Australian library. The most recent elsewhere was 'Cars' (2006), which the US Swank library used to have.

I don't think the 16mm and Super 8 prints that Christopher Nolan had printed of 'Dunkirk' are available to hire anywhere, but it's a nice thought!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 06, 2018 03:17 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blimy Adrian, what a thought of that film being on our gauges

Holgar, thank you, this was rare for me to buy a film i had only seen bits and pieces of before but Jeff Bridges is on of my favourite actors. Its a lovely print and a very good movie [Wink]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 06, 2018 05:59 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched my print of Dear Heart (1964). I've had a digital version of this movie for years and finally found a 16mm copy. This is a slightly quirky romantic comedy starring Glenn Ford and Geraldine Page. I've always loved this movie and after watching it's hard to get Henry Mancini's title song out of your head.

I hope to post some screen caps after my next viewing.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2018 03:03 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, were the rumours of 8/16mm copies of Dunkirk ever confirmed?

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2018 06:23 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on finding your print Janice.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 08, 2018 06:36 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Janice, looking forward to your screenshots [Wink]

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2018 03:11 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I watched Cannonīs Dangerously Close from Albert Pyun.
It was quite entertaining.
On a elite High School, classmates have formed an elite clique.
They have a policies in which what is desireable and undesirebale in regard of personal expression and behavior.
Classmates which arenīt conform to these policy or subvert it, getīs treaten hard and voilent, be these clique....
By the way this print is on an AGFA filmstock.

-

-

Enjoy the images :-).

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 19, 2018 01:14 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another very good print there Holger,
Over the last two evenings or so i have viewed my latest film, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. The print is on LPP polyester stock and the actual quality of the image and sound is out of this world, Reel one, (in particular) suffers from some green emulsion lines which is a real shame but it's a film i always wanted to own. A film with everything in it, action, romance and a great cast with Sean Connery making an uncredited appearance.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2018 01:59 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great Tom,Hope the song doesn't keep repeating in your head though!!! Nice film to have,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 19, 2018 02:18 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark, it is a lovely film to own, i wish they would invent a way of covering up those emulsion lines though. [Frown] [Wink]

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2018 11:27 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tom, this print looks really amazing, I never have seen this picture, but you made me curious, about to see it :-).

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 20, 2018 03:48 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holger, You have to take the movie not too serious but it is full of great action, and Alan Rickman plays a superb baddie, lots of fun and big names of the day, and being a theatrical version it is a little more brutal than when it is on TV but even better on the big screen. The print is stunning but this one does suffer with some emulsion scratches mostly on reel 1 but there are some marks on all the reels which is such a shame. Mr Guest did look after me on this though so thank you to David on this. [Wink]

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2018 08:20 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I watched the picture "Dreamscape"
Dennis Quaid enters dreams of patients which suffers on psychoses to help them.... Itīs a real fantastic sci-fi movie with a great cast:
Dennis Quaid, Kape Capshaw, Max von Sydow, Christopher Plummer and Eddie Albert....
This is an Eastman LLP print, amazing colours with very sharp focus and a minimum of wear.

I wounder how this movie could pass the MPAA with a PG rating, because there is a little bit of nudity, violence and gore and some profanity.
I donīt have a problem with this rating, thatīs just a thought.

-

-

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 22, 2018 11:12 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do like this movie.only seen it once on TV.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 20, 2018 06:42 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three French musical compilations spools. Songs were cut from '30s and '40s films by a projectionnist who made a lot of those compilations.

--------------------
Dominique

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2018 09:43 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Dominique, screening something with in regard of music on 16mm is great. I love it too :-).

Yesterday I watched Ricochet with a very young Denzel Washington and an amazing John Lithgow which plays a criminal called Blake. This Blake character acts sadistic and ruthless very convincingly performed by John Lithgow.

While the end credits run, the track "Ricochet" was implemented performed by Ice-T, very rough gangsta-rap...

This print is adapted scope and on an Agfa filmstock.
A very entertaining movie, isnīt it?
Enjoy the images :-).

-

-

-

All times are Central
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  23  24  25 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC