8mm Forum

my profile | my password | register | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What 16mm films did you see today? (Page 23)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23 

Author Topic: What 16mm films did you see today?
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 10, 2019 04:41 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou   Email Tom Photiou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
very nice print Janice. it looks like a brand new print.

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 10, 2019 08:29 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser   Email Janice Glesser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is definitely not brand new Tom...but it is in terrific shape. There's a green line in the first 10 seconds of the beginning...then it's clean of lines throughout the rest of the reels. I don't regret picking up my first odd reels copy of this film however. I've had many enjoyable viewings using a filter to improve the color and watching the equivalent to the 1st reel on DVD. However, this print is like getting an entire new movie. I think only collectors understand the kind of excitement that comes with finding a print or a better print you've been looking for a long time. [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 13, 2019 07:13 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First a silent American film, Sock Exchange. Almost no flickering, probably because there are not many too bright whites on the picture. Then a French sound documentary, Suite française. They compare historical famous French faces with "today"'s ones (I would say the film is from the '40s). Interesting but certainly not politically correct, for obvious reasons, in today's (2019) standards.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 05, 2019 06:09 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two small musical reels : La caissière du Grand Café (a song by the famous Fernandel) and Songs Of The Hills.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 08, 2019 04:45 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser   Email Janice Glesser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming! (1966). This is the second print I have of this movie. The first print was fairly faded so I bought another one. The second print has much better color however one of the reels had a green scratch on it. So I assembled the best reels out of the two prints:) I use filters on my projector in various combinations to get as much color out of the film as I can. I just love this movie and so happy to have it on 16mm.

-

[ April 08, 2019, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 10, 2019 02:38 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser   Email Janice Glesser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I generally don't like bidding for films on Ebay... I never win [Frown] But Nine to Five (1980) came up and this was a movie I really wanted. I decided to be brave and join the bidding war and bottom line I WON!. Just got the movie and screened it last night. A great print... no missing scenes.

-

--------------------
Janice

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 17, 2019 12:50 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou   Email Tom Photiou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night i viewed one of my favourite films, Mississippi Burning. Gene Hackman being one of the best Actors ever, (IMO) [Wink]
Not sure if this film is in the thread projectors in movies, but as the images show, theirs one in there.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ May 14, 2019, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 17, 2019 12:55 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser   Email Janice Glesser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Tom!

--------------------
Janice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 20, 2019 07:15 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, I advise you gixen.com. This free application places bids at the last moment.

Yesterday night, two reels made by a ex-projectionnist who used to digest musical films by keeping the songs of the films and some dialogues. One of the choosen film, L'œil en coulisse (1953) has less musical moments but has a story set in a radio station so it's interesting to to see the backstage of it and some imitations of celebrities from the '50s. Second, digested film was Coeur-sur-mer (1951), with the (at that time) famous singer André Claveau.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 20, 2019 10:49 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser   Email Janice Glesser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dominique! I'll give Gixen a try.

--------------------
Janice

Svein Sveinsson
Junior

- posted April 25, 2019 05:30 PM      Profile for Svein Sveinsson   Email Svein Sveinsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had the day off work today, so I closed the blinds, and put on my new mint condition print of Kill Bill vol. 1.

-

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 27, 2019 10:43 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou   Email Tom Photiou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a great find Svein. Do you have Vol 2 to go with it?

Svein Sveinsson
Junior

- posted May 05, 2019 05:56 PM      Profile for Svein Sveinsson   Email Svein Sveinsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom, I wish I did... I think it will be hard work locating one of the handful of prints that are out there... Hopefully I'll find one... For now, I'm having Marco make me a trailer for KB2 to have in the intermission between reel 1 and reel 2/3 (reel 2 and 3 are spliced together as one), so I only have one reel change.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC