8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Kodascope Model A

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodascope Model A
Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2013 07:10 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Everyone,
I'm newly registered. I'm trying to restore a Kodascope Model A to working order. The motor is on the OUTSIDE of the projector! The motor runs but the drive is missing to the combined flywheel and shutter. The drive seems to be either a belt or a rubber pulley in contact with the flywheel. Can anyone tell me which it is or have a picture of a working example?
Many thanks.

--------------------
Paul.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 12, 2013 11:11 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul
Click on this.
http://shikan.org/MovieCameraCollection/Kodascope_Model-A.html
It gives a contact for information on your projector.

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2013 03:36 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice,
Many thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to make contact and post an update in due course. I can see the gears around the back when the resistance housing is removed. The mechanism seems in very good condition with a smooth feel to the inching knob and seems recently greased.
Paul

--------------------
Paul.

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2013 09:36 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a reply from Mr Bruce Jones regarding his Kodascope Model A. He was very friendly and has promised to remove his Kodascope from storage in his shed [Smile] and take some more photos.

--------------------
Paul.

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2014 07:00 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Due to lack of space the Kodascope had to go and has now been sold. Many thanks to Maurice and all who were interested

--------------------
Paul.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC