8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Hello from new member!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello from new member!
David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2013 04:16 PM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there!

I have snooped around on this forum here and there for advice and figured I might as well sign up. Haven't done the forums for years (last time I did it was with one of my other hobbies, auto racing). Unfortunately having a newborn and running my own business didn't allow time for "luxuries" such as forum chats ;-)

Happy to be on board, learn what I can, and offer what I know. A little about me:

-Been into 16mm for close to 35 years (I'm 39). My father was into 16mm since HE was a kid, going back to the 50's (and obviously my mentor). Sadly he passed on several years back.

-What was once a 500+ collection of features (when it was my fathers collection) was whittled down over the years to just over 100, plus about 40 cartoons (Mostly WB and Disney), along with 3 Stooges shorts as well. This was due to him selling some features when either money got tight, or when the "fear of red syndrome" hit in the early 90's, he liquidated lots of his prints while they still had value.

-I own 9 projectors and counting....absolutely hate the slot load (no offense to those that like them). Have a variety of lenses for each, too.

-Every year I put on a massive outdoor showing, on a custom built 12' x 16' screen, with 2 projectors (for changeover). Also run a full blown snackbar, too. In my modest home/yard, mind you. Thankfully the neighbors do not seem to mind, even those who are not invited ;-)

And that's the short of it. Hopefully this post didn't come off as boasting or bragging, but rather to inform and introduce. Hope to become a valuable member of the forum :-) Feel free to ask questions if you'd like to know more!!

|  IP: Logged

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2013 05:46 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome David glad to have you on board

You'll meet lots of nice people on this board. If you need anything Don't hesitate to ask

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 15, 2013 07:44 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Welcome to the Forum!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2013 11:57 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Brian & Doug!!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 16, 2013 12:07 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome !

--------------------
Dominique

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2013 01:56 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to hear from new members, a VERY WARM WELCOME.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 08:31 PM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone! [Big Grin]

Manuel Pace
Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2013 05:48 PM      Profile for Manuel Pace   Author's Homepage   Email Manuel Pace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,
This is sure a nice place to meet other fellow collectors and share your hobby, good to have more members and keep our hobby alive.
Manuel
Malta Europe

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC