8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Goldfinger Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goldfinger Question
Mitchell Dvoskin
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2013 03:10 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that at least some of the original release British 16mm IB Tech prints of FRWL show the atomic bomb countdown stopping at 003 instead of 007 like the American prints.

I was wondering if all British prints (videos) are this way, or if it was changed for later prints. I am also curious the countdown stops on the original release British 35mm prints.

Perhaps someone from the UK could answer this.

|  IP: Logged

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2013 08:03 PM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you mean "Goldfinger" Mitchell [Wink]

Mitchell Dvoskin
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2013 04:42 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I meant Goldfinger. Opps.

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2013 05:08 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know the answer but when I saw your topic title "Goldfinger Question" my first instinct was to post "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

Good movie!

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Mike Nicholls
Junior

- posted January 01, 2014 04:52 AM      Profile for Mike Nicholls   Email Mike Nicholls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was a provincial projectionist when 'Goldfinger' was released. I also saw it projected at a central London theatre. Both prints I saw in the UK (35mm), and all subsequent UK TV transmissions, VHS, DVD and Blu-ray that I have seen have the countdown ending at '007'. I am surprised to learn that this gag was spoilt for US viewers.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC