8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Kodascope Model K issue.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodascope Model K issue.
Sam DeMaranville
Junior

- posted December 23, 2013 09:48 PM      Profile for Sam DeMaranville   Email Sam DeMaranville   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. I received a Kodascope Model K projector from my daughter this year. Its a beautiful machine, but it will not run. I plug it in, and I hear a hum but nothing moves. I havent had time to open it up as of yet,but was wondering if anyone has had experience with this old work horse.I do not have a manual and hate to do anything without knowing all the basic functions of this beautiful machine. Also I cant find a pdf manual on this machine Any advise would be appreciated and Merry Christmas to all on this forum

|  IP: Logged

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2014 10:58 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not familiar with that particular machine, but it sounds as if the motor may be frozen. Projectors of that age had motors whose bearings likely needed lubrication. When you open it up, if you do not see a little hole for bearing lubrication, you can often set the projector/motor on end or side in such a position that you can put a few drops of oil where the shaft enters the bearing and let it set over night. You may have to do the same on the other end of the motor, setting on its' opposite end/side. Use a light oil such as Zoom turbine oil.

Sam DeMaranville
Junior

- posted January 08, 2014 10:41 AM      Profile for Sam DeMaranville   Email Sam DeMaranville   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Barry, I will try that. It seems really frozen up . No movement at all. that may be the problem. Thanks for your reply.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 08, 2014 10:52 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The motor might possibly be OK. It may be that all the intermittent gears are clogged up with grease which will not allow the motor to turn, hence its hum.
If you can detach the drive belt, do so, and see if the motor will run without any load on it.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC