8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » TQIII 1693 versus 1695?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TQIII 1693 versus 1695?
Richard Kemp
Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2014 05:43 PM      Profile for Richard Kemp   Email Richard Kemp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

What's the main difference between the (green) 1693 and the (grey) 1695 models, are their speed controls - pots - the same please?

Thanks,

--------------------
Ric

Paillard Bolex H16 Reflex. Projectors: Elmo GP-E, Eumig S807D; B&H TQIII. Editors: Erno E1201, Prinz Oxford 1200, Muray 16mm.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2014 07:21 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ric, The Bell & Howell 1692,93,94,95 and 98 projectors appeared in green/turquoise and dark grey cases depending on their age. The early ones from 1976 in green and the later ones towards 1986 in grey. The green ones usually use the A1/258 EMM lamps with smaller reflectors and side contact pins, while the grey ones mainly use the A1/259 ELC lamps with rear mounted pins. The 1692 and 1693 models have the lower powered amplifiers with single tone controls with the 1693 providing magnetic stripe playback as well optical sound. Both run at 18 and 24 frames/sec. The 1695 has the more powerful amplifier and separate bass and treble controls but is optical sound only. Hope this helps. I think that all the 169X series use electronic speed control boards. See the Film-Tech 16mm Projector Manuals web page associated with this forum.

--------------------
Paul.

Richard Kemp
Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2014 06:00 PM      Profile for Richard Kemp   Email Richard Kemp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul,

It's difficult to tell from the manuals concerning potentiometers because pots are also used for the audio controls I think, but I'll have a gander.

Is the TQI a completely different animal to the IIs and IIIs please?

"See the Film-Tech 16mm Projector Manuals web page associated with this forum"

Paul, is there a link please?

Thanks again -

--------------------
Ric

Paillard Bolex H16 Reflex. Projectors: Elmo GP-E, Eumig S807D; B&H TQIII. Editors: Erno E1201, Prinz Oxford 1200, Muray 16mm.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 03, 2014 03:30 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link. Go to 16mm projectors. Remember these are American model numbers and may differ from the UK models.
http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/index.php?category=2#16mm Projectors

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2014 04:27 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ric, the TQI, TQII and TQIII have similar picture and sound head mechanisms but the electronics are different. The TQI uses an induction motor and is basically a fixed speed machine with two speeds provided by pulley changes. The TQII and TQIII use low voltage dc motors with tachometer electronic speed control, hence the speed can be changed by switch and adjusted by a preset pot on the speed control circuit board.
Maurice, thanks for the link which I had trouble with.

--------------------
Paul.

Richard Kemp
Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2014 07:19 PM      Profile for Richard Kemp   Email Richard Kemp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul & Maurice - great forum!

[Wink]

--------------------
Ric

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC