8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Motor Stopped on Elmo CL16

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Motor Stopped on Elmo CL16
Louis Porco
Junior

- posted January 28, 2014 02:39 PM      Profile for Louis Porco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having problems with my Elmo CL16 projector. I was trying to thread a film and was having dificulties. I was moving the main switch from forward to reverse and then the motor stopped working. I checked all the user servicable fuses and they are all Ok. Could it be the contacts on the switch or am I missing a hidden fuse for the motor. Any help would be greatly apreciated

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2014 11:37 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to be more specific...Is the motor running, but there is no movement? Do you turn the handle back and forth and there is no sound of the motor turning on? Was the motor running forward, but not in reverse?

This is a common machine so lots of folks will be able to help, but we will need more information, and visuals tell the story very easy if it is hard to put into words.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Louis Porco
Junior

- posted January 29, 2014 12:21 AM      Profile for Louis Porco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Further to the motor problem on the Elmo 16-CL. No movement of the motor in either forward or reverse. The projection bulb is working and the sound seems to be OK based on adjusting the volume control. Just no movement at all from the motor. Is there a motor fuse that's not user servicable that I should know about?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 29, 2014 04:16 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are three fuses on the Elmo 16-CL.
Exciter Lamp
Amplifier
Main
The latter, as it says, controls the whole of the projector.
It would seem that the control knob is at fault by not making the correct contact to the motor. Or, it could be a fault at the motor itself.

--------------------
Maurice

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2014 11:57 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
May be its the Fuse Holder itself loose wire thers 2
Dirty contact in same, Losse wire on motor, make sure that the fuses are good. Some times the fuse blows or breaks just under the silver cap but still looks good. i had one and the motor stoped i checked the fuses looked good spent 2 hours trying to fine the blessed thing Repalaced the darn fuse and it stared to work again
Also when you turn the main knod is it still clicking ?
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 29, 2014 03:19 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go to the Film-Tech manuals and click on 16mm projectors, and then down to "Elmo 16-CL (Kodak CT 1000) Instruction and Service Manual."
Then go down to page 59 to read answers to "Projector Does Not Run".
http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/index.php?category=2#16mm Projectors

--------------------
Maurice

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2014 11:37 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, check the manual and especially take off the back and make sure it isn't something as simple as a broken belt..

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Louis Porco
Junior

- posted February 15, 2014 02:00 PM      Profile for Louis Porco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish it was as simple as a user servicable fuse or a broken belt. Since the sound and the projection light are still functioning, It may be the solenoid or starting condensers. Anyone ever had those items replaced on the Elmo CL-16.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC