8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » I'm back and need tips on bigger screen porjection :)!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm back and need tips on bigger screen porjection :)!!!
Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2014 11:47 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

it sure has been a while and things couldn't get better at my end. New job for 8 months now (which kept me busy) n also, found a great celluloidophile community so am lighting up screens a lot lately. That having been said, could anyone please recommend a lens that can give me a bigger screen size with a short throw for my Eiki super slim slot load machine. Focus could also use some improvement. Thanks and look forward to hearing from y'all n bye for now [Smile] !!!

Best,
ET

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2014 12:32 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elyas, welcome back, sounds like life is in a good way for you!

Before we can help you, better give us an idea of what you're using now for a lens or lenses. But be warned: depth of field is decreased when enlarging more steeply. Or, in plain words, focus is much harder to keep sharp with strong enlargement as compared with a long throw. So there's only so much you can do. Still, I've got interest in this problem as well and hopefully we can compare notes.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 27, 2014 02:37 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Bill has mentioned above we would need to know what you are using at present. The standard one being a 50mm....I use the Eiki Super-16 38mm lens, which will give you a bigger picture than the 50mm. There are also screw on zoom adaptors if you want to try one of those. I am not up with the play regarding other lenses that might be around, but the 38mm I am using does work well.

Graham.

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2014 11:00 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a ton, guys [Smile] !!!

I am currently using a f 1.2, 50mm lens so I guess I should consider myself lucky then, eh? I will measure the throw distance for the hall during my screening tomorrow and the screen size as well and get back to you. In all honesty, sharpness is very good, I guess I'm just being hard to please, as I honestly doubt there's a huge room for improvement in that regard :/... Cheers again and input much appreciated, as always [Smile] !!!

Best,
ET

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2014 05:12 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elyas,

There is a very good ISCO zoom lens available for the Eiki. I don't know from the top of my head how fast the lens is, but it is a modern, sharp, fast lens. It ranges from 35mm to 65mm, which is a nice range. It used to be plentyfull, but is getting harder to find (read: higher prices).
My favorite lens for the Eiki projector is an Eiki branded zoom lens which ranges from 30mm to 70mm. The extra 5mm on each side are very useful in my experience. You don't see this lens offered very often, but jump on it when you see one. It is also a modern, sharp, fast lens.

Happy hunting!

- Rob

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2014 06:27 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a zoom lens to fit the elf /eiki 30mm to 70mm f1.3
in ex condition £175 plus postage

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC