8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Elmo 16-CL Squeaky Shutter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 16-CL Squeaky Shutter
John Barbour
Junior

- posted May 04, 2014 11:25 PM      Profile for John Barbour   Email John Barbour   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

I've got two Elmo 16-CLs that I'm in the process of cleaning up. I've taken care of the dreaded rubber roller goo, but now I'm dealing with a very noisy shutter in one of the projectors.

I've taken it apart, and it looks like the shutter belt is rubbing against the shutter.

Does anyone know if replacing the belt will solve this problem? The belt definitely could be replaced, as it's dry and worn. However, is it likely that something else is out of alignment as well, and if so, how difficult is that to fix? I've got access to the service manual, and the other projector seems fine, but it looks like a lot of parts removal to get to that belt.

Also, I've noticed that on the projector with the quiet belt, the belt has been installed teeth out, while on the squeaky projector the teeth are against the wheel. Is there a correct way?

Sorry for the long message. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC