8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » My new addition to the family! {ELMO 16CL}

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My new addition to the family! {ELMO 16CL}
Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2014 10:43 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just picked up this projector (for pretty cheap) this weekend.

-

I'm ready to enter the world of 16mm. Well actually attempted to once before but I ended up with a Bell and Howell with a cracked worm gear.

Did get to do a little research before grabbing it so I was aware of the possible gooey roller issue. As it turned out only 1 roller had turned to goo.

-

It has now been cleaned. Luckily no film had been run through spreading any mess around. I might just try the DIY solution of fitting a transparent silicone tube on the roller although it seems to run film fine without it.

Mine is missing the piece that cover the lens/focusing area. I guess it's not needed but I might have to look for one as it looks sexier with it on.

And yes, it has the later toothed belt on the takeup arm.

All in all a nice quiet running machine - I'm pretty impressed with it.

My collection consists of 2 Gumby shorts at the moment! What have I gotten in to!
[Big Grin]

Cheers
Terry

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2014 07:43 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Terry,
I hope you find some films to play soon.

--------------------
Paul.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 23, 2014 01:30 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Terry! I have one also and really like it. Have fun!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 23, 2014 09:51 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand that Gumby is a green clay humanoid character initially introduced in 1955 for The Howdy Doody Show. I assume he is somewhat like Wallace & Gromit made by Aardman Animation, here in Bristol.

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2014 12:24 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the congrats!
I've had the opportunity to run hours of film through thanks to coming across a 16mm film collection in an antiques shop that I will be helping the owner to sell.

I've fixed the gooey roller with a silicone tube and it worked perfect.

I've also lucked into a second CL-16 but it is in a dire need of an overhaul - gooey rollers + plus goo throughout film path and sound head - old style fabric take up belt gone sticky etc..

But I'm in Frankenstein mode and I plan to make it live again!

Maurice;
Gumby is one of the shows that I have fond memories of and still has a loyal following.

Official Website

My new 16mm "Lonesome Ghosts" just arrived in the mail this afternoon!

Cheers
Terry

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 23, 2014 02:36 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard C Patchett has a side cover for your projector.
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/elmo.html

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2014 07:27 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've taken the cover off my non working unit for now, but should I get that one working............

Cheers
Terry

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC