8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » D-Day The Sixth Of June

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: D-Day The Sixth Of June
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 06, 2014 02:29 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today's commemorations in Normandy remind me of when I purchased a 16mm copy of "D-Day The Sixth Of June" (1956).

The title is totally misleading, the film has two officers enroute to Normandy reminiscing in flashback about their romances with the same woman.

The battle itself is confined to the last few minutes of the film.

The Internet Movie Database suggests that the film should have been called "Two Soldiers And A Lady".

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2014 07:57 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight our local library is staying open late (they usually close at 5pm on Friday). They are staying open because I will be showing that film, D-Day Sixth of June....a mint IB tech, scope print. I explain in my film notes..which I hope the audience reads..that the film deals more with the strange relationships between the Americans, British and Canadians as they dealt with the war and the possibility that they would not be getting out it alive, or at least in one piece.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 06, 2014 09:33 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with your show, Gary. Scope and IB Technicolor, Wow!

My copy is Fox's own print number C-39 on three red plastic Fox spools, in standard 4x3 ratio. It's on Fuji stock with a date code of 1980, the colour is still holding up quite well.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 08, 2014 02:29 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How went your projection, Gary ?

--------------------
Dominique

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2014 06:31 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The showing went off as well as the Invasion went off....I hung the big 16 foot scope screen ....with black masking...used a Pageant with the Gemini arc lamp and Kowa 16D scope lens. We had a lot of people there, especially for a Friday night when the library is normally closed. The print looked like 35mm....pristine print with no scratches and only lab splices.
Want to thank Gary Sloan for selling it to me three or four years ago.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC