8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Strange Bracket on Kodak Pageant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange Bracket on Kodak Pageant
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 09, 2014 04:49 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My AV-12M6-L Kodak Pageant has arrived.

It has a metal bracket fitted to the wood case with four Philips screws. It is in a silver colour to match the projector.

I have stood and examined for ages with no idea what it does, it is on top near the take-up arm. If it had been more forward near the feed arm then it could possibly be some locator for a 'scope lens.

The bracket is 7 1/8" by 2 9/16" in total, it is folded into an L shape to fit over the corner of the case. The top section is 4 3/4" with a cut-out near the operating side to clear the left handle lug.

Along the top is a square bar 4 5/8" long, 1 1/8" wide and 1/2" high. This is tapped with three holes into which knurled head screws fit.

It seems obvious that the screws are used to secure something.

Does any fellow Pageant owner have an answer for me?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted August 09, 2014 06:31 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goko film cleaner attachment perhaps?

Michel Boulet
Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2014 06:44 AM      Profile for Michel Boulet   Email Michel Boulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Maurice, can you post any picture of the thing?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 09, 2014 09:59 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I am not able to post photos I tried to give a very detailed explanation of the bracket. As it is 3 1/2" out of the film plane it doesn't seem likely to be for a film cleaner attachment.

It is very well made and matches the projector, it certainly doesn't look if it was knocked up in someone's back-yard shed.

There is one possibility, could it be in connection with the fitting of long-play spool arms?

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC