8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » 16mm processing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm processing
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 21, 2014 02:53 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi does anyone know of someone in the UK who does 16mm B+W processing of camera film please as looking for lower cost options.

Anyone got a very cheap, nice and working Kragnorsk sat on the shelf by the way please too.

Thanks Mark

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2014 07:40 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,
I don't know anyone advertising black and white reversal processing in the UK but these people will develop negative and print positives:
http://www.no-w-here.org.uk/index.php?cat=4&subcat=main
Ebay usually have several Krasnogorsk but have you considered a Bell & Howell 70DR? These take single perforated film:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bell-and-Howell-70DR-clockwork-16mm-Cine-Camera-body-/261589640701?pt=UK_Photography_VintageCameras_SM&hash=item3ce7f525fd

--------------------
Paul.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 25, 2014 10:22 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul. I think it would be really just usual print wise I think.

But just had some bad luck super 8 wise so maybe HD is better anyway with how things are now.

Best Mark.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 25, 2014 11:00 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is not in UK but they don't overcharge for post & packing : http://www.super8.nl/english/e_index.htm

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2014 11:04 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Mark,
I am about to copy some of my late father's family footage taken in 1954 on a Cine Kodak A. I am going to film the projected picture with a Bolex using Fomapan R reversal and have it processed by Andec in Germany.

--------------------
Paul.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2014 11:53 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
How are you going to ensure that the projector and camera (and their shutters, of course) are in exact sync?
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2014 04:30 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin,
I can't of course without a sync system. I'm going to use the late Francis Williams's method. I use an electric motor on the Bolex and close its variable shutter to about 120 degrees. This 120 degrees is equal to one open plus one dark period of the projector shutter. If the camera and projector run at approximately the same speed, the film receives the same total exposure per frame regardless of the relative positions of the two shutters. I have also used a Super 8 XL camera with a 220 degree shutter and this works well too.

--------------------
Paul.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC