8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » 16mm projection booth pix

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm projection booth pix
David Coppola
Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2014 10:07 AM      Profile for David Coppola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was wondering if anyone had pix of their 16mm projection booth set ups?
Also interested in seeing College 16mm booth set ups from years gone by.

|  IP: Logged

Ross Gibbs
Junior

- posted November 03, 2014 01:14 AM      Profile for Ross Gibbs   Author's Homepage   Email Ross Gibbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a shot of my studio / bio for my backyard cinema. Fumeo X900 running to a CP65 and off to a NAD Amp. I took the shot on Halloween after showing my scope copy of Ghostbusters to some mates.
 -

--------------------
“He felt all at once like an ineffectual moth, fluttering at the windowpane of reality, dimly seeing it from outside.”
― Philip K. Dick, Ubik

David Coppola
Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2014 09:54 AM      Profile for David Coppola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very impressive. Thanks!

Mitchell Dvoskin
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2014 04:14 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm primarily a 35mm collector, but I do run 16mm from time to time.

-

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 07, 2014 05:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
These two set up's are just superb guys! With a decent lottery win, no doubt I will be joining the elite!

In the meantime, I shall have to stick with S8, to me it is the only practical film format to collect in the average British home with the PJ alongside you in the living room.

These pics are truly the things that dreams are made of though, some seriously nice kit!

[ November 07, 2014, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Ross Gibbs
Junior

- posted November 07, 2014 09:30 PM      Profile for Ross Gibbs   Author's Homepage   Email Ross Gibbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely kit Mitchell.
Andrew I started with Super 8. Only after working as a part time projectionist did I get into 16 and 35. My Fuemo 16mm and FP-20 35mm are on castors so I can roll them in to place (small multi use bio, office and studio). The great thing about theses hobbies is starting small and building up a kit. My FP-20 was a give-a-way from a digital converting local cinema, along with make-up table and splicer, the Fumeo was around $500 Aust. and 4.2m motorised screen $90 Aust. both on ebay. All my kit would come under a couple of grand. It's the print addiction keeping me poor. [Smile]

--------------------
“He felt all at once like an ineffectual moth, fluttering at the windowpane of reality, dimly seeing it from outside.”
― Philip K. Dick, Ubik

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 08, 2014 10:42 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow some real bargains you got there Ross! As you say though, it is our print addiction be it Super 8, 16mm or even 35mm that keep our bank balances looking rather scary! Ha ha.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC