8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » ARRIVED Serial - Captain Marvel 12 Chapters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ARRIVED Serial - Captain Marvel 12 Chapters
Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2015 07:20 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just bought off Trademe in New Zealand The Adv. Of Captain Marvel 12 Chapters on 16mm film - can't wait to start watching them soon,cost me NZ$200 but I think was a good buy considering each chapter goes for approx 18 mins.
 -

This poster is the original title as it was re-released a couple of years later.

I occassionally see different serials on ebay and usually they are sold seperately by chapters.
I would love to know what serials you guys own and whether you have the complete sets etc?

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2015 05:31 PM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great score on that serial Clinton! The Captain Marvel series is probably one of the best of the serial genre.I used to own a 400' Standard 8 excerpt from this series many years ago.

--------------------
Turn out the lights,the movie is starting!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 10, 2015 10:02 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SHAZAM!!! I have the 2x400 reel set version of this serial. I think it's titled "The Return of Captain Marvel." The first time I watched it I totally cracked up when Billy Batson turns into Captain Marvel. I kept thinking ... didn't anybody realize this was a totally different actor? [Smile] I think I had only seen that done in the Incredible Hulk...when Bill Bixby turned into Lou Ferrigo. But some how that seemed more believable than just turning into a taller older guy [Smile]

Enjoy your new films...sounds like a lot of fun to watch.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2015 07:57 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nearly paid off the films .... can't wait to start watching them!
The beauty of this hobby is if we have films we don't mind owing or not we can sell them to buy others!
And that's what I've done [Smile]

--------------------

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2015 04:58 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This heavy parcel was delivered to me this morning [Smile] [Smile]
Opened it up straight away and yep the're here !
Each of the 12 reels is about 800ft.
Now I have to find time to watch them - maybe not all at once but in a organised time [Smile] [Smile]

-

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 23, 2015 05:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice find Clinton! Be sure to post us all some fabulous screenshots! [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2015 11:38 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You did well to buy that locally Clinton as freight costs for such a heavy load have been kept to a minimum.

I have 11 of 15 episodes of the Super 8 B&W sound movie serials of "Hop Harrigan" the super serial for air-minded young America. It used to be on the radio every night when I was a young boy and I never missed listening to it back then. Thats what got my attention when I first saw 1 reel for sale on ebay.

The movies came in 15 explosive episodes. I ended up buying 11 of those from an ebay seller who first tried selling them off one by one. By making a decent offer for the remaining reels I secured those.

These are Super 8 B&W Sound on 400' reels and they are good fun to watch. However, I think its time some one else can enjoy them now so they are going to be sold on ebay Australia soon.

dogtor frankarnstein [Smile]

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2015 04:23 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clinton, wish I could be there at your first showing. Used to see it at the Saturday Morning pictures and run down the street with my arms outstretched shouting 'Shazam'. Happy days.

--------------------
Dave

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC