8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Bauer P6 parts :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer P6 parts :)
Keld Andersen
Junior

- posted March 22, 2016 01:55 PM      Profile for Keld Andersen   Email Keld Andersen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone guide me to the best place to get Bauer P6 spare parts [Smile] ?

|  IP: Logged

Thijs de Kort
Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2016 09:05 AM      Profile for Thijs de Kort   Email Thijs de Kort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try the van Eck's
Van Eck Videoservices Bauer P6

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2016 11:09 AM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
we have many spares for all Bauer 8mm + 16mm projectors.

regards
Josef

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2016 03:48 PM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both Mr Grassmann and Van Eck are valid options. And Mr Grassmann is a real authority on Bauer.
I own three Bauer P7 machines which I use alternatingly. In my opinion there is very little that can go wrong with these. Unless Mr Grassmann can correct me here.
Main issues are: old belts tend to get slippery and replacing them is possible but a real pain as opposed to doing the same with an Eiki.
The cam/claw mechanism needs to remain lubricated otherwise the machine can slow down and stall. (There is a special grease tank inside the machine that you fill with Molykote grease)
Also the capacitor that gets the motor started can fail, but this one is still readily and cheaply available in electronic stores and is a breeze to replace.
Other than that the filmpresser (andruckstuck) can wear and put lines on your film, luckily just outside the projected area. But this line can become visible when you project the film on a machine with a larger filmgate...
That's about it. Once your machine is up to date again it will prove to be a solid and fool proof performer.
There are many, many Bauer machines around, especially in Germany. Therefore you can easily pick one up as a spare/back up for a very reasonable price.

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2016 01:02 PM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Info for Alexander Van......

please give short reply to my information sent to you per PM.
So far I am unable to give you required data.

"You can not respond to this PM until the recipient replies."

Thatīs why I canīt reply so far.

Thanks
Josef

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC