8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » PEC-12 Photo Cleaner on Film?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PEC-12 Photo Cleaner on Film?
Rachael Crawley
Junior

- posted July 07, 2016 11:21 AM      Profile for Rachael Crawley   Email Rachael Crawley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

I'm working for an archive with a small budget at the moment (in Canada), and they understandably want to avoid bringing in items from the USA, with the currency difference and the extra shipping cost. I can only find FilmRenew or FilmGuard in the USA, and noticed that PEC-12 is available in Canada, and claims to be suitable for motion picture film. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it good for cleaning 16mm film, in your experience? Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Ty Reynolds
Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2016 04:28 PM      Profile for Ty Reynolds   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've used Pec 12 on 16mm film. It cleans well, but I don't think it has the same lubricating properties as Filmguard. Ounce for ounce, it is far more expensive than Filmguard, at least in the small retail bottles.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2016 06:10 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another film cleaner available in the USA is
SOLVON FILM CLEANER AND CONDITIONER

http://www.urbanskifilm.com/supplies.html

I`ve used it to clean and lubricate films but I`m not sure if it lubricates as well as Filmguard or FilmRenew.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC