8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » B&H 644 Exciter lamp issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: B&H 644 Exciter lamp issue
Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2016 05:12 PM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear friends,

I continue reanimating my B&H 644

The exciter lamp was tested and out of the projector lights, but when I put inside the projector and connect the bass bottom, the exciter lamp does not lights, what can be the cause? the valves maybe? the valves show a little red point of light looking from the exterior.

Soon I will show you more videos.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Arturo.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 21, 2016 09:37 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The heaters of the valves will light as soon as the mains supply is connected as will the pilot light by the motor/lamp control knob.

High amplifier voltage is only operational when the left hand tone control knob is advanced past its "click" position, when this is done, the exciter lamp will light up.

--------------------
Maurice

Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2016 02:56 PM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did your instruction, and the exciter lamp does not works.

Outside the projector was tested and is ok the lamp. :-(

I will check the transformer or fusibles.

Regards, Arturo.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC