8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » ELF NT1 Help please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELF NT1 Help please
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 06, 2016 02:20 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, My NT1 seems to all work fine with the exception of one annoyance.
The threading key needs help in returning. It all locks up ok for auto threading etc but when i give a gentle tug on the back reel it should all click back but mine needs a helping finger. I have looked at everything and lubricated what i can, the return springs all seem OK. I removed the transformer and took a snap, here shown. But its all very slow to return. Any ideas please?
 -

|  IP: Logged

David Fouracre
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2016 02:52 AM      Profile for David Fouracre   Email David Fouracre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,
I have two NT1 units and both suffered at one time with this same problem.
In my case, it was a lubrication problem, and after a close examination with the transformer and the flywheel removed, showed dried-up grease in places. Wipe off and re-grease. Any rotation of levers with pivot points require a DROP of oil. Do not over lubricate and avoid using WD40. Removal of the film-path nylon rollers and adding a drop of lubrication following a clean, is good policy.
Hope this helps resolve your problem.

David

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 07, 2016 04:34 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My NT-2 is by my side at the moment and has the same problem. I have to manually push back the guides after auto-thread is complete.
Dried up oil and grease is a problem with many projectors, it is not a question of just adding fresh oil, many parts may need to be removed and everything cleaned off, in preparation of new lubricant.

--------------------
Maurice

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 07, 2016 06:31 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you to both of you, i will try this during the week and let you know how i get on. [Smile] [Wink]

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2016 10:03 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Tom
You might have to remove the shaft , lightly sand the shaft re lube before you put it back in AND RELUBE ALL OTHER PARTS AS STATED. AND PLEASE DO NOT USE WD 40
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 07, 2016 03:36 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Richard, many thanks, without wishing to sound stupid, which shaft are you referring to please? [Smile]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2016 05:04 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do what Richard does then you should have a trouble free elf

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2016 05:04 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do what Richard does then you should have a trouble free elf

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 08, 2016 06:33 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will do David, Thank you, i was just hoping to clarify which shaft it is. [Wink]

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2016 08:08 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Tom
The shaft is the #2 Film Guide 315-17211 it's the bottom one when you push for auto load There's a picture of it on my website.
Hope this helps
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 08, 2016 11:50 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, many thanks for your help and everyone on this thread. Will let you know how i get on. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC