8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Here is a link to my first 16mm sound short

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Here is a link to my first 16mm sound short
Mark Har
Junior

- posted January 17, 2017 03:55 PM      Profile for Mark Har   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Har   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a link to a short film I shot on 16mm film in 2003. It played at many festivals and is now on youtube for the first time. Check it out!
Best,
Mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x2WDoO9zE4

--------------------
Mark Har

|  IP: Logged

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2017 05:12 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, I salute you. Grippingly conceived. Brilliantly executed. When's your first full length movie coming out? Very impressed.

--------------------
Dave

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2017 05:35 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,

One of the best shorts I've ever seen, had me glued to the monitor from start to finish.
What a great job, keep em coming.
Many Thanks,
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2017 11:41 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I saw was beautifully executed, and it's always great to see skillful use of film. Given my circumstances and the nature of the forum, I might mention that I didn't watch the whole thing, and that in most circumstances it'd have to be considered NSFW or for the kiddies. Maybe it would be more helpful if I suggest that the MPAA would rate it "R" for language but otherwise "PG-13" for violence and adult themes.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2017 12:55 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark!

Excellent job!

I am just involving myself with shooting on 16mm more often and editing by hand.

Can I ask what camera and film stock you shot on?

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Mark Har
Junior

- posted January 18, 2017 01:52 PM      Profile for Mark Har   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Har   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks,

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to check it out. To answer your question Evan, It was shot on a 16mm Arri Cam. I think the film stock was Kodak Vision2 color neg 500T 7218. Im sure there was a daylight stock and low light. It was a long time ago.

--------------------
Mark Har

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC