8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Hard To Find Titles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hard To Find Titles
Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2017 04:45 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought I'd start a topic on what is hard to find on Super 8 or 16mm or 35mm unfaded

I have three titles that spring to mind.

Xanado

The Italian Job 1969

Elvis That's The Way It Is

|  IP: Logged

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2017 03:05 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob, I've been looking for Italian Job in low-fade for years and never turned anything up. Funny really as I've seen LOADS of other Paramount titles from that time in IBTech/Scope - but that one is either a keeper or never got printed in Tech or low-fade. Opening credits do clearly state 'colour by Eastman' but I assume that's the shooting stock, not neccessarily the printing stock?

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2017 04:18 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Italian job was on ebay last week

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 20, 2017 05:28 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Krays
Dirty Dancing

& 100s more [Wink]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2017 05:51 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the top titles are there if you pay the price

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2017 03:03 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart,

My quest was to find an IB print myself. But after 40 years of collecting it's never showed up. Trust me I've had a number of prints of the Italian job both on 16mm and 35mm but as the film stock was either Eastman or Kodak (original UK 35mm prints). Low fade is virtually impossible to get.

I did come across a LPP print in Australia of all places but the only downside to this it was a flat print.

As they say beggars can't be choosers in this game.

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2017 12:59 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Highlander

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 21, 2017 01:06 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pete Walkers THE HOUSE OF THE LONG SHADOWS on low fade 16mm.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 21, 2017 04:13 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,
You by chance got these?
The Krays
Dirty Dancing
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2017 03:09 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Curse Of Frankenstein and Dracula on low fade stocks on 16mm.

I have the last reel of The Italian Job on 16mm panned and scanned and even that has now faded.

I also have some film frames i got in 1969 when we first showed
The Italian Job on 35mm in a cinema i worked in.
They have faded too.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 26, 2017 02:38 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One i wouldnt mind, (2 actualy)
Arthur Dudley Moore,
Tommy

One i had and wish to God i never sold
Concert for Kampuchea, it was an outstanding colour print on 2 x 1600ft spools,
It was a charity rock show, all live, this is the people that were on it,
The Host was Billy Connolly,
The Pretenders,
The Who
Queen
Ian Dury & The Blockheads
Paul McCartney & Wings,
The Clash,
Elvis Costello
The Specials
And a super band call Rockpile which was made up of P McCartney & Wings / The Who/ Robert Plant/Dave Edmunds & many More.
I cannot believe i ever let this one go.

Dave Guest, I bet you dont have this one [Wink]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2017 04:10 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had 3 of them

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 27, 2017 12:13 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Dave, if you get them again you know i am still looking for them. [Wink]

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2017 12:32 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
House on haunted hill, with Vincent Price, any twilight zone episodes with Rod Serling......

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2017 01:19 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I have quite a few episodes of the Twilight Zone all original prints. Extremely hard to find these days. Also Journey to the Unknown, impossible to find on low fade stock.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC